The classic strategy turn-based combat of Jagged Alliance Online is making its way to Steam this spring with a new PvP-focused version from developer Cliffhanger Productions. The Steam version will be different from the free-to-play browser-based version offered through publisher gamigo, featuring a higher focus on PvP with an optional single player campaign to earn in-game funding or through microtransactions.
The Steam version boasts to contain over 40 mercenaries with unique attributes, more than 500 weapons and items that can be improved through crafting, skill-based matchmaking, tournaments, PvP leaderboards, warzones, alliances, and more. The PvE campaign will feature over 80 missions containing over 50 bosses, and other challenges.
No official release date has been set as of yet but expect to see it later this spring barring any delays.
Jagged Alliance Armed for PvP on Steam
Fantasy MOBAs and large-scale strategy games are in healthy supply, but turn-based strategy emphasizing small squads and modern firepower? How about one with a focus on PvP?
The Steam release is a very different game from the Jagged Alliance Online currently available as a browser-based game from Gamigo. This is Cliffhanger Productions' show, and the developer is changing the entire focus of the game.
Whats in store for Jagged Alliance Online:
- PvP focus with an emphasis on free content. Cash purchases offered as an alternative NO balancing tricks to encourage spending.
- Optional, single-player campaign pack as the core means of funding.
- New images showing off a TINY fraction of the weapons and items available.
Vienna, May 15, 2013 Jagged Alliance Online brings PvP-centric gameplay to the classic strategy series when it launches on Steam this spring. Featuring modern firepower, squad combat, and turn-based gameplay, Jagged Alliance Online for Steam will be the first in the series to focus on the competitive experience, with optional content for single-player.
Disregarding typical free-to-play tactics, Jagged Alliance Online will offer all PvP content, including 40+ mercenaries and 500+ items, free of charge. Cliffhanger Productions assures players that everything can be purchased through regular play, with cash purchases offered only as secondary alternatives. Optionally, a single-player content pack containing 100+ hours of gameplay will be available for purchase.
Jagged Alliance is all about superior tactics (and big guns, of course), so that means providing every player with a chance of winning based on tactical choices, and not any outside factors such as paid items, says Cliffhanger Productions Founder and Creative Director, Jan Wagner, and continues, The PvP part is also what makes us stand out from all the Jagged Alliance games, I believe, since no matter how good an AI is, in the end, the true challenge is another player. I am glad we could finally do the game the way we wanted.
About Jagged Alliance Online
Lead your outfit to become the greatest mercenary company in the world. Compete in turn-based, tactical PvP duels against other mercenary teams or take on challenging contracts around the globe with our Campaign Pack. Match your tactical skills against thousands of other players to win Warzones with your allies, and climb to the top of the leaderboards to be the most feared mercenary company.
- Build your company from 40+ mercenaries with unique attributes.
- 500+ weapons and items, and crafting to improve your weapons and armor.
- PvP leaderboards, skill-based matchmaking, and tournaments.
- Compete in Warzone events for rare weapons and items.
- Form alliances with players and compete as a team.
- Transfer of PvP rewards into the single-player campaign.
Campaign Pack Features:
- 80+ PvE missions with over 100 hours of gameplay.
- 50+ unique enemies and bosses.
- Complete challenges to earn Prestige.
- Take on Prestige contracts for even greater challenges and ultra-rare items.
- Use your PvE company in PvP matches.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Jagged Alliance Online Game Page.