Piranha Games begins the march to MechWarrior Onlines summer launch with Project Phoenix pre-orders with exclusive mechs. The Project Phoenix pre-order packages come in four flavors with varying prices of $20, $40, $60, and $80, each with their own set of phoenix mechs and standard variants. The higher tiers include additional premium game time, factional cockpit medallions, and one or more of the Project Phoenix battlemechs: Locust, Shadow Hawk, Thunderbolt, and Battlemaster.
Visit the Project Phoenix website and check out the press release below to learn more.
PROJECT PHOENIX from Piranha Games Arises as MechWarriorTM Online Begins the Summer March to Official Launch
Rare, limited edition and beloved BattleMechsTM arrive for pre-order in special pre-launch program from MechWarrior Online
VANCOUVER June 25, 2013 Piranha Games and Infinite Game Publishing unveiled details today for PROJECT PHOENIX, a special pre-order program for MechWarrior Online, currently in open beta and set to officially launch in late summer. PROJECT PHOENIX, available for pre-order now at www.mwomercs.com/phoenix, further bolsters the exceptional range of in-game content by offering fans the chance to nab rare, beloved and perk-wielding 'Mechs from the BattleTech universe.
Starting today, fans can pre-order up to four different Project Phoenix BattleMech packages with prices ranging from $20 USD up to $80 USD for the top-of-the-line Overlord package that includes a whopping 12 'Mechs!
Each of these unique Project Phoenix packages will be delivered on October 15th and come fully equipped with:
Unique Project Phoenix BattleMech(s)* featuring:
- 30% C-Bill Boost
- 10% Loyalty Point Boost
- Exclusive Custom-Designed Exterior
- Two Bonus Standard Variant 'Mechs
- Up to Four Faction Cockpit Medallions
- Custom In-Game Title and Forum Badge
- Matching Mech Bay slots
- Plus more! Full details and FAQ can be found at www.mwomercs.com/phoenix
*Dependent on package.
The limited edition PROJECT PHOENIX BattleMechs:
· Locust The Locust, a speedy reconnaissance 'Mech, infamous for its quick speed and extremely quick manoeuvrability, was first introduced by Bergen Industries in 2499. Weighing in at just 20 tons, the Locust has been a fan favorite for decades.
· Shadow Hawk The Shadow Hawk is a versatile and quick medium 'Mech at 55 tons, arguably most famous for its use by Grayson Death Carlyle of the Gray Death Legion. It was first built by Lang Industries in 2457 during the so-called Golden Age of BattleMech creation.
· Thunderbolt The Thunderbolt is an eclectically armed heavy 'Mech weighing in at a whopping 65 tons and was originally designed as a heavier 'Mech by Earthwerks Incorporated in 2491.
· Battlemaster The Battlemaster is an Assault 'Mech with a storied history and has been used in countless historic battles throughout the Inner Sphere. With an adaptable weapons platform this 'Mech has been used in virtually every role and on hundreds of battlefields, including the Battle of Coventry by Wayne Waco, commander of the Waco Rangers and according to some, a pilot prodigy.
Fans who pre-order any of the PROJECT PHOENIX packages in the first 30 days of availability (June 25th to July 24th) will receive an Early Bird Bonus of 30 days Premium time! As a special reward for the loyal Founders of MechWarrior Online, Founders who partake in this special pre-order program will additionally receive their exclusive Founders Icon as a cosmetic Hanging Item to decorate their 'Mech cockpit.
Upon completion of the sale offer, these Project Phoenix 'Mechs with custom exteriors and camo specs will never be available again!
MechWarrior Online is set to launch late this summer as Piranha Games works around the clock to deliver the most compelling in-game content at launch and fans should expect several major new game features between now and launch.
For complete specs, FAQ and loadouts for the PROJECT PHOENIX BattleMechs please visit www.mwomercs.com/phoenix and make sure to check in each day this week as each 'Mech is revealed.
To immerse yourself in this AAA Free to Play online game, jump in and grab a pilot name at https://mwomercs.com/signup
About MechWarrior Online
Set in the year 3049 during the early stages of a massive interstellar war, MechWarrior Online puts you in command of the most powerful war machine to ever walk the field of battle, the mighty BattleMech. Pilot your Mech and customize it to suit your preferred battlefield role; upgrade systems, weapons, and armor with endless options giving you creative control over your battle strategy as you face your next opponent. MechWarrior Online delivers a rich online experience, rewarding everything a player does with experience points, C-Bills, unlocks, and recognition. Upgrade skills and refine your role in gameplay using an all-new leveling system, and up-to-the minute detailed player statistics allow you to compare, track and share your progress with other players.
About Piranha Games Inc.
Piranha Games Inc. was founded in January 2000 by Russ Bullock and Bryan Ekman. Piranha Games is focused on the core action games market and has worked on exciting IPs such as: Need For Speed® and Transformers® 2: Revenge of the Fallen.
Please join us at www.piranha-games.com.
About Infinite Game Publishing
IGP is a newly formed publisher of AAA online interactive entertainment. Formed by industry vets with a passion for great games, IGPs leadership is driving online entertainment forward by partnering with best-in-breed developers to bring high-octane excitement to PC gamers everywhere.
Official Web site: www.infinitegamepublishing.com.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our MechWarrior Online Game Page.