Epic are exceptional at producing, designing and releasing their Paragon heroes. With the exception of Shinbi (who I still can't stomach) every single one has been amazing. The Revenant is no exception and brings a unique kit to Monolith that's likely to shake up the meta.
As a ranged ability carry, he's arguably competing for a space against the likes of Twinblast and Yin. The key difference being that Revenant relies on his abilities to boost his basic attack damage. Described below, three of his abilities (Scar, Reckoning and the fourth round from his pistol) directly boost his damage, based on a single target or when securing a kill. Although we don't know the values yet - as to how much - I suspect he'll need the multipliers to come anywhere close to his peers.
That said, his Ultimate alone looks likely to carry him in most matches. Full details below.
We’d like to introduce you to the latest Hero. We call this ranged ability Carry … Revenant. You’ll be able to play Revenant starting Tuesday, April 25. Get your first look at Revenant below.
Revenant (Fury, Corruption) is an unholy melding of malevolent spirit and vicious bounty hunter. An ability Carry, Revenant relies on isolating targets and collecting bounties in order to snowball past the enemy carry.
- Hand Cannon (LMB/R2) - Revenant carries a revolver with 4 rounds, upon consuming these rounds he will automatically reload.
- Hellfire Rounds (RMB/R1) - Allows you to reload your weapon at any time, and passively causes bonus damage on your fourth shot.
- Scar (E/Circle) - Infuses your target with dark energy, attacking will deal bonus damage to your enemy.
- Obliterate (Q/Square) - Revenant fires a volley of projectiles which randomly target enemies in front of him.
- Reckoning (R/Triangle) - Revenant transports himself and his target to the Nether Realm, where he and his enemy must duel. While there, only Revenant can see his prey and they can only damage each other. If he succeeds in killing his enemy, he collects their bounty, earning bonus card power.
As always, all Heroes in Paragon are free, so jump in as Revenant on Tuesday, April 25. If you can't wait to get your Paragon fix, you don't have to - Paragon is in Free Open Beta, so you can download and play today.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Paragon Game Page.