BEHIND THE WHEEL ON Planet Calypso
Latest update introduces vehicles
Göteborg, Sweden - June 25, 2010 - First Planet Company, developer and publisher of the largest real money Massively Multiplayer Online Game, announced today the newest version is available for download. This update introduces vehicles for the first time on Planet Calypso.
With this new Vehicle system, the whole community now has the opportunity to build vehicles. Players can take their friends on a road trip cruising through the varied landscapes or even take a joyride along the coast. Using the new SUV and buggy with their optional turrets will allow players to quickly and safely reach remote locations. Alternatively more enterprising colonists can drive through PvP zones, sneak up on opponents in a pimped out military truck and crush all resistance.
All vehicles have to be assembled at a "Vehicle Commissioning Terminal" before they can be spawned. Additionally the commissioning feature is planned to be developed further, including custom designing vehicles by attaching various parts. Vehicles can also be colored and textured using the current customization system.
The features included in this release are just the beginning of the Vehicle System Content. Other upcoming features for the system will include various boats, aircraft and other land vehicles like motorcycles and tanks.
Other features of the latest release include:
- Removed indoor speed limit restrictions.
Attachment Parameter Upgrades
- Skill Bonus on Attachments . The skill modification effect now has a clarifying tool tip. The attachment gives a bonus to the user's hit ability and it has full effect when the target is on maximum weapon range. When the target comes closer the effect decreases and it reaches its minimum effect when the target is in the immediate vicinity. Since the effect is variable the hit ability parameter display is not affected by the skill modification.
- New Parameter on Attachments . A new parameter has been introduced on laser sights and scopes. This new parameter gives the user a skill increase bonus when the attachment is attached to the tool. The skill increase bonus of the attachment will affect the skill that the tool affect. The number does not indicate an actual increase rate percentage but a higher number is better than a lower.
General - UI and Visual Changes
- Improved textures on small items.
- In the settings medium or less, the vegetation bending at touch is disabled.
- Minor adjustments to field of view when moving from 3rd to 1st person view.
- Improved frame rate at log-in UI.
- Improved terrain loading.
- Fixed issue that placed the window borders outside screen when changing screen resolution.
- Fixed issue with black login screen when using Windows Vista and Windows 7 with UAC enabled.
- Added message at successful claim regarding an estate.
- Corrected information in Society UI Help text.
- Added up and down buttons to the scroll bars in MAP UI.
- Added progress bar when opening Bank UI.
- Other avatars' health bar is removed when they die.
- Added "sit on" desktop icon to default setting.
- Improved some tree animations.
- Fixed issue with invisible hair for certain hair styles.
- Improved Molisk Tooth icon.
- Corrected the appearance of the Mist Plant.
- At auto reach target, improved animation when avatar rotates towards target.
- Reimplemented the animations when an avatar is killed by mobs, fire arms and heavy weapons, or MindForce attacks.
- Fixed issue with twitching when aiming in first person.
- Reimplemented correct animations for gun turrets.
- Fixed issue with faulty viewing of an avatar sitting down.
CharDef - UI and Visual Changes
- Fixed issue with character leaning outside UI, while modifying face and hair.
- Emotes are shown when changing outfit.
- Clicking Escape shows exit dialog with options.
Objects - Visual Changes
- Fixed issue with Berycled Statue below floor level.
- Corrected the rotation of the Gothica Wall Lamp.
- Corrected the rotation of hanging book case.
- Corrected the placement of the 1st Place He-Man Diploma when placed on wall.
- Fixed issue with not being able to place items on Red Marble Block Table.
- Improved lamp appearances.
Installer - UI and Visual Changes
- Reduced flicker in the installer progress bar.
Client Loader - UI and Visual Changes
- The Launch button is disabled when the servers are down for maintenance.
- Added message about resuming download, if aborting download.
- Improved error message when failing to download due to connection problems.
Quest and Mission Changes
- Fixed issue with the Quest/Mission List icons in Quest/Mission Log.
- Added default action key to open the Quest/Mission Log, for new users or if keyboard settings are reset.
- Fixed issue with problems related to receiving skill reward.
- Increased spawn density.
- Fixed issue with not being able to remove enhancers on limited armor when armor has 0 in TT value.
- Adjusted Autoaim to get slower as you close in on your target. Also, it is not triggered if angular movement is too high.
- Fixed issue with merging stacks at the refine procedure, after first having tried with a stack with too few items in it.
- Added warning message when any equipped item, clothing or armor reaches its minimum condition and is broken.
- Improved formulations in chat when healing yourself and others and when being healed by others.
- Added new professions for mounted weapons: Mounted Grenadier (Hit) and Mounted BLP (Hit).
- In Auction UI, corrected elapsed time since last placed bid.
- Reimplemented knocking sound when requesting interaction with other player.
- Increased client stability.
First Planet Company is the developer and publisher of Planet Calypso, the largest real economy Massively Multiplayer Online Game in the world. Players have the ability to participate in a unique virtual world where they have no monthly costs. Its innovative real money economy uses a virtual currency which has a fixed exchange rate with the US dollar. This allows players to deposit and withdraw real funds for their adventures on Calypso or in the real world. It is also the first MMORPG to use CryTek's stunning CryENGINE 2 for amazing graphics and physics. Planet Calypso is the oldest planet in the Entropia Universe and is free to download.
Planet Calypso is a free download available at the game's website, www.planetcalypso.com.
About First Planet Company
First Planet Company AB is a subsidiary of the MindArk Group. First Planet Company AB develops and markets Planet Calypso, a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) based on the Entropia Platform, and is part of the Entropia Universe. Set in a distant future, the planet Calypso is home to an expanding human colony struggling with the natural and economic elements involved in establishing their new civilization.
For more information on First Planet Company (FPC) and Planet Calypso please contact us at the numbers above or go to our website at http://www.planetcalypso.com
Copyright © 2010 First Planet Company. All Rights Reserved.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Planet Calypso Game Page.