It's a great time to rejoin Starfleet in STO this week as both console and PC players can now enjoy a colony's worth of new content.
The press release follows...
STAR TREK ONLINE CAPTAINS DISCOVER SEASON 14 – EMERGENCE ON XBOX ONE AND PLAYSTATION®4
Players Team Up with Star Trek Legend LeVar Burton in New Console Update
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – November 14, 2017 – Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Season 14 – Emergence is now available for Star Trek Online on Xbox One and PlayStation®4. An expansive new colony world awaits console players in the free-to-play MMORPG based on the iconic Star Trek universe. Captains help the Lukari and Kentari defend their homeworld from the genocidal Tzenkethi, alongside Starfleet's Geordi La Forge, voiced by Star Trek legend LeVar Burton. Players can also discover a new Fleet Holding, take advantage of a new Primary Specialization and for a limited time, gain free access to the Kilt and Skant uniforms from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Check out the trailer for Season 14 – Emergence on Xbox One and PS4: https://youtu.be/yXONbY8jZi0
Download press assets for Star Trek Online: Season 14 – Emergence: https://perfectworld.box.com/v/STOSeason14ConsoleLaunch
The new featured episode "Melting Pot" takes captains to a brand-new colony world in Dranuur, recently established by the Lukari and their long-lost sister species, the Kentari. The two species are joined by Starfleet Captain Geordi La Forge (voiced by LeVar Burton), who is helping them learn to co-exist and rebuild their home planet. Players rejoin La Forge and Kuumarke (voiced by Kipleigh Brown) as they tour the new colony - when a sudden discovery invokes the ire of the marauding Tzenkethi and puts this newly discovered world in terrible danger.
Season 14 – Emergence introduces console captains to several new gameplay features on Xbox One and PlayStation®4. This includes a new colony-based Fleet Holding, two new Fleet defense queues and an all-new Primary Specialization. A full list of new content introduced with this update includes:
- New Featured Episode – The new season opens with the featured episode "Melting Pot" which sends players on a mission to explore a new colony world with Captain Geordi La Forge.
- New Fleet Holding – Captains can build a full-scale Fleet Holding on the Lukari-Kentari colony. Now the game's largest Fleet Holding, it is also the first holding since Starbases to feature five full tiers of progression with rewards.
- New Primary Specialization and Bridge Officer Class – The new Primary Specialization, "The Miracle Worker," allows captains to excel in engineering abilities, such as weapon enhancement and healing. Bridge officers can also be trained to specialize in the same skills.
- Colony Defense Event – Fleets can generate a holographic invasion to help them train and earn both individual rewards and items to progress their new Fleet Holding.
- Fleet Holding Defense Queues – The Lukari-Kentari colony is home to two defense queues against the Tzenkethi – one on ground and one in space.
- Free Kilt and Skant Giveaway – From now through November 28 at 10:00 am PST, players can visit the "Promotions" tab of the C-Store on Xbox One and PS4 to claim a free Kilt and Skant, made famous by Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Star Trek Online is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online game where players can pioneer their own destiny as Captain of a Federation starship, become a Klingon Warrior and champion the Empire through the far reaches of the galaxy, or rebuild the Romulan legacy as the commander of a Romulan Republic Warbird. In Star Trek Online, players have the opportunity to visit iconic locations from the popular Star Trek universe, reach out to unexplored star systems and make contact with new alien species. Star Trek Online is currently available on PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.
To download and play Star Trek Online today for free, visit www.playstartrekonline.com.
Star Trek Online is licensed by CBS Consumer Products.
® & © 2017 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
ABOUT PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Perfect World Entertainment is a leading North American online games publisher specializing in immersive free-to-play MMORPGs. Founded in 2008, Perfect World Entertainment has published a number of popular titles, including Swordsman, Blacklight Retribution, Forsaken World, PWI and Star Trek Online. The company works closely with its American development teams and partners such as Cryptic Studios, developer of the highly acclaimed MMORPG Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter, and Runic Games, developer of the hit Torchlight series, to provide unparalleled quality of service and game experiences to its players. A subsidiary of Perfect World Group, Perfect World Entertainment is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. For more information, please visit: www.perfectworld.com.
ABOUT CRYPTIC STUDIOS, INC.
Cryptic Studios, Inc. is a leading developer of online games committed to delivering the next level of gameplay. Cryptic Studios, Inc. develops AAA titles for PC and is rapidly diversifying its portfolio of games to expand beyond the traditional MMORPG genre. Its successfully launched titles include Champions Online: Free for All, Star Trek Online and Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter. Cryptic Studios, Inc., a subsidiary of Perfect World Group, is located in Los Gatos, CA.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Star Trek Online Game Page.