Ten Ton Hammer Exclusives: The Week in Review
Below, you’ll find handy links to not only the guides, but all the exclusive content from Ten Ton Hammer for the week ending January 30th!
This week’s hot content:
Exclusive Runes of Magic Beta Interview - The free-to-play marketplace has really emerged out of its cocoon in the last year. For those of you that have been reading Ten Ton Hammer’s F2P Top Ten List, this becomes readily apparent as the majority of the games on that list were released in late 2007, 2008, or are slated for the early part of 2009. One of the most prominent of these games (and holding the #1 spot on our Top Ten list) is Runes of Magic. We recently had an opportunity to submit a number of questions to the RoM developers, and we graciously jumped at the chance.
Read the full interview here, and then discuss it in our forums!
Ten Ton Hammer Announces All-Star Panel Lineup for NY Comicon 2009 - If you're planning to attend New York Comicon 2009 (February 6th - 8th at the Javitts Center in NYC) or were waiting for, we have an all-star MMORPG lineup of presentations and panels for you! DC Universe Online's Jim Lee, Champions Online's Bill Roper, 38 Studios' Steve Danuser, FusionFall's Chris Waldron, and Warhammer Online's Jeff Hickman and Paul Barnett are just a few of the devs that will be on-hand to show you the latest on their games and answer your questions.
For panel times and more information (how to purchase tickets, make accommodations, and more), click here!
Forever Fantasy: The Forgotten Realms MMOG Dream - For anyone that's passionate about a hobby or activity, speculating about its future is just a natural part of being a fan. There has been a lot of discussion this year about which intellectual properties would have the makings of a top contender for the belt in today’s online game market. In this week’s Forever Fantasy column, Dalmarus steps up to argue why his choice is the granddaddy of them all.
Read the full editorial here, and then discuss it in our forums!
- Comic: Geeked - "Jimmy's Plea"
- Top Ten Free-to-Play Games - Car Shopping
- Holic Online Preview
- EverQuest: A Return to Norrath
- MMOs, the Final Frontier: How Will Atari Help EVE Online?
- The Tabula Rasa Autopsy: What Makes Games Die?
- Ten Ton Turnip Issue #6: The Final Root
- Comic: Geeked - "Racial Intolerance"
- Ultima Online: Kingdom Reborn Preview
- The Comic Book Guy: Comic Industry Talent in Gaming
- Dofus: A Preview to the Search for Power
- Exclusive WAR Call to Arms Interview - The Slayer, Choppa and Land of the Dead
- WoW Comic: Goob & Begud - "The Latest Craze"
WoW Guides: Selecting Talents:
- Ten Ton Hammers' Secrets to Ultimate Pwnage - the Swordmaster and the Sorceress
- WAR: Updated Dwarven Leveling Guide: Chap. 7-9
Our Loading... Live Vooncast schedule is finally in place for the rest of January and February, and we have a few nice surprises waiting for your live listening and participating pleasure:
- Loading... Live #5 - Warhammer Online - Thursday, January 29th, 2009 at 7 PM EST - A few mystery devs from Mythic Entertainment will be on-hand to discuss exciting new developments in Warhammer Online
- Loading... Live #6 - NYCC '09 Preview - Thursday, February 7th, 2009 at 7 PM EST - Ten Ton Hammer's Garrett Fuller tells us what we have to look forward to from a day of Ten Ton Hammer hosted panels with top developers at New York Comic Con '09 on February 7th
- Loading... Live #7 - Best of NYCC '09 - Tuesday, February 12th, 2009 at 7 PM EST - Garrett Fuller is back to talk about the highlights and lowlights of our day of panels at New York Comic Con on Feb. 7th!
- Loading... Live #8 - Combat in Star Wars: The Old Republic - Tuesday, February 19th, 2009 at 7 PM EST - Bioware devs stop by to take questions and share the latest on combat in Star Wars: The Old Republic!
- Loading... Live #9 - Champions Online - Tuesday, February 26th, 2009 at 7 PM EST - A few devs from Cryptic Studios will be on-hand to share the latest on Champions Online!