Ready to start decorating your hobbit hole?
According to a press release that went out this morning, The Lord of the Rings Online's highly anticipated Chapter 11 update will be going live on the 24th of October.
Here's the release:
October 17, 2007 - Turbine, Inc. and Codemasters Online Gaming announced the details of the third free content update for subscribers to The Lord of the Rings Online(TM): Shadows of Angmar(TM). Book 11: Defenders of Eriador continues the epic story of The Lord of the Rings Online adds over 100 new quests, a new 12-player raid, two new areas in Middle-earth and introduces the player housing system. Book 11: Defenders of Eriador will be available to subscribers of The Lord of the Rings Online on October 24, 2007 in North America and October 25, 2007 in Europe.
"The Lord of the Rings Online has quickly become the hottest online game of the year," said Jeffrey Steefel, the Executive Producer. "Book 11 is our most ambitious update yet. We continue to define the standard in interactive storytelling with the next chapter of our epic story and introduce a wealth of new content including the housing system, which will give players the opportunity to live in their own home in Middle-earth!"
- The Epic Continues! Amarthiel has lost the Palantir, but not before using it to discover a clue to the location of Narchuil, the ancient Ring she lost at the Battle of Fornost. She turns her gaze eastward seeking to recover the Ring while the Dunedain find themselves with only one way to halt her advance. Calenglad believes that Mordrambor, the Black Numenorean held prisoner by the Dunedain, may be the key to ending Amarthiel's ambitions.
- Player Housing Players can now live in their own home in Middle-earth! Housing choices from four different neighborhoods - be it a majestic home overlooking a waterfall in Ered Luin, or a cozy hobbit-hole in the Shire. Kinship Halls provide plenty of space for groups to gather after a long day of adventuring. All homes provide the option of additional storage and can be customized inside and out with hundreds of unique items.
- Two New Areas Players can now explore even more of Middle-earth. Tâl Bruinen is an extension of the Trollshaws where players can see Gollum for the first time in The Lord of the Rings Online. Players can also trek to the High Pass in the Misty Mountains to combat fierce snowstorms and visit Goblin-town, the famous site where Bilbo Baggins was captured in The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Raid-"The Rift" The Lord of the Rings Online's second raid will be introduced in Book 11. This 12-player epic takes you through many new dangers in the Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu to face a fearsome Balrog.
- New Musical Instruments Book 11 brings more enhancements to our popular music system. Players can now entertain others with one of three new instruments including the Bagpipe and Cowbell.
- Over 100 New Quests The story continues for players as they aid the Fellowship and encounter new adventures.
The Lord of the Rings Online delivers an interactive experience brimming with life and filled with the familiar people, places and monsters from the most beloved fantasy adventure of all time. From the quaint surroundings of the Shire to Angmar, the vile kingdom of the Witch-king, players will experience the world of Middle-earth as never before. The Lord of the Rings Online is available for purchase at major retailers across North America and Europe. For more information, or to download a free trial, visit www.lotro.com or www.lotro-europe.com.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Lord of the Rings Online Game Page.