A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, the Ten Ton Hammer forums were a hotbed of MMO discussion and community. Like many game developers from that era, we reached a point where it seemed as though community was becoming progressively more decentralized. This was due in large part to the shift to social media services, though there were plenty of other factors involved.
Eventually, the difficult decision was made to sunset our forums. While many third-party social and sharing services are still going strong, they are also very transitory and discussions are largely based on fleeting moments in time. Much like in-game chat channels, those moments quickly evaporate into the great chat log void, and have no real lasting impact for a proper community to evolve or grow.
When we originally relaunched Ten Ton Hammer last summer, the plan was always to bring forums back, and that day has finally arrived.
Welcome to the New Ten Ton Hammer Forums
Like an artist looking at a blank canvas, or a writer starting at a blank Word document, launching a new forum can be a bit daunting. At the same time it can also be quite exhilarating once you begin to consider the infinite possibilities of what shapes will begin to emerge with each brush stroke or word written.
Starting from scratch with a new forum, we’re excited to see what kind of community begins to emerge as more of our readers become actively involved. That’s where you come in, as this extension of our service exists solely for our readers to discuss what we consider to still be the best genre in gaming, MMOs.
Becoming involved is a very simple process:
- Visit our new forums at www.tentonhammer.com/forums
- Click the Login button found at the top of the page
- If you’ve previously signed up for a giveaway or simply have an existing user account on our site, sign in using your selected service on your exiting account
- If you haven’t signed up previously, select a service from the list to create a new account.
- Upon logging in on the forum, you’ll be prompted to create a new Display Name. This will be your forum handle, and can be different from the name used natively in the service you selected in step 2.
- That’s it!
From there you can upload an avatar, add a signature, tweak your profile settings, or simply dive right into posting. If you’re not quite sure where to start, be sure to drop by the Introduction Thread (of Doom!) and say hello.
We look forward to many great MMO discussions ahead, and hope to see you there!
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Gaming Tech Game Page.