Welcome to the 632nd Edition of Loading... If you aren't reading this in your e-mail, you could be. Sign up.
Are you looking for the latest industry headlines? Look no further.
There are dozens of free MMOGs on the market. Most are built around micro-transactions, so in essence they aren't truly free if you wish to have the entire game experience. Nonetheless you can try them out, whittling away at them without dishing out your credit card.
They are becoming so popular that we are actually considering building a section of the network that allows our members to download these free-to-play games and try them out. Two years ago I would not have thought we would even consider such a move, but as casual players blend with MMOGs the acceptance of "less is sometimes more" is growing.
Some titles are far more impressive than others. Anarchy Online for instance is a game that many of you would (and possibly have) paid to play. Puzzle Pirates is another great game that falls into this category. There are literally dozens of these titles, Hero Online, Scions of Fate, Mu Online, Shadowbane are just a few names that pop immediately into my head.
There are concerns that this influx of free games will hurt the industry, but I don't see it that way. As great as Anarchy Online is, it doesn't compare to World of Warcraft, EverQuest 2, Lord of the Rings Online or any of the other AAA - A titles. What games like AO provide is a way for new players to experience a MMOG without forking out $50. I see it as a breeding ground for new players rather than a graveyard for those of us that have been around been around long enough to know what a drudge is.
- ComicCON: An Interview With Four Leaders of 38 Studios - Cody "Micajah" Bye
- ComicCON: Video Interview With Brett Close of 38 Studios - Jeff "Ethec" Woleslagle
- ComicCON: Stargate Celebrity Panel Video - Jeff "Ethec" Woleslagle
- Dungeons and Dragons Online: Guide To Dragonmarks - Greg "Darkgolem" Stanley
- EverQuest 2: Crafting Racial Traditions - Savanja
- Lord of the Rings Online: Guided Tour - The Shire - Stacy "Martuk" Jones
- Vanguard: Monster Project - Mucid Oilskin Worm - Dalmarus
- Vanguard: Monk Skills - 26-50 - Danny "Ralsu" Gourley
- World of Warcraft: Horde Leveling Guide - Byron "Messiah" Mudry
- ComicCON: Video of the Stargate Press Conference - Jeff "Ethec" Woleslagle
- ComicCON: Video - Tabula Rasa - Medic Preview With April Burba - Jeff "Ethec" Woleslagle
- ComicCON: Marvel Universe - Garrett Fuller
- ComicCON: Favorite Pictures From The Show - Cody "Micajah" Bye
- ComicCON: Pirates of the Burning Sea Interview With Gavin Irby - Cody "Micajah" Bye
- ComicCON: Warhammer Online - Interview With Lance Robertson, Producer - Cody Bye
- ComicCON: Warhammer Online - Video Interview With Lance Robertson, Producer - Jeff Woleslagle
- ComicCON: Warhammer Online - Quest Preview - Garrett Fuller
- Comic-CON 2007 Preview - Cody Bye
- Comic-CON: Fusion Fall - Premier Trailer - Jeff Woleslagle
NASA Studies O-Rings
Next, curly fries and funnel cakes.
Man Kills Two Workers Who Asked For Raises
They won't be needing them now.
Man Steaming Mad Over Spilled Manure
"It was like a tsunami wave of hot chicken manure."
33 Cheerleaders Get Into Fight at Cheerleading Camp
Pillows... pillows were flying everywhere!
Thanks as always for visiting TenTonHammer.com
John "Boomjack" Hoskin