Synopsis: Aion's Lani "Liv" Blazier and Producer Brian Knox and a number of fans joined us for Loading... Live Episode 16 dev chat. We'll review the week in MMO news and jump straight into our dev Q&A. Through the successful launch in Korea, NCSoft has proven that it has a hit on its hands, and we'll learn that the localization project has been joined by a team of fantasy authors who aren't just making sure the game isn't just translated correctly from the Korean, but has a style and sense of humor that will distinctly fit English, German, and French audiences when the game launches later this year. Crafting, lore, PvPvE attributes, and much more are on tap in this entertaining 39 minute podcast!
Full transcript coming soon!
Please choose a format:
Audio file compatible with
iTunes-compatible format with higher quality audio, links, and images.
Stream from this page: (navigating away will interrupt playback)
- 0:22 Introductions
We introduce our team and special guest, then move straight to the news so we have plenty of time for questions.
- Loading... - Ten Ton Hammer's daily newsletter and column
- 0:58 The Machail Report
- 1:06 - Player One-Shots Ulduar Boss
- 2:34 - EQ Introduces New Ruleset Server
- 3:48 - The9 Clones WoW
- 5:15 - Aventurine Reviews a Eurogamer Reviewer
- 6:20 - Garriott v. NCSoft
In this week's Machail Report, we review a record five stories in this week in MMO news.
- href="http://www.tentonhammer.com/news" target="_blank">Ten Ton Hammer Latest News href="http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/13411">
- WoW Player Gets GM Weapon
- SOE Unveils EverQuest 50/51 Server
- The9 to Clone World of Warcraft
- Aventurine Takes On Eurogamer Reviewer
- Richard Garriott Sues NCSoft for $24M
- 10:39 - Meet Brian Knox and Lani Brazier
- 10:47 - Development update and new writing team
- 13:21 - Crafting
- 17:00 - Melee Combat
- 18:20 - Anti-bot steps
- 19:23 - PvP incentives and endgame
- 22:10 - Polymorph lore
- 22:38 - NA and EU matched with Korea at launch?
- 25:34 - Quest variety
- 27:37 - Early server list
- 28:20 - Class balance
- 30:30 - Lore - static or dynamic?
- 31:54 - Wings and mounts
- 33:25 - Chanter buffs
- 34:00 - Dragons and zerg
- 34:51 - Linear vs. open world
- 35:50 - Wings and crafting
- 36:13 - Glide
- 37:05 - Item store?
- 37:50 - Wrap-up
NCSoft's Lani Blazier and Brian Knox deliver the latest on Aion: The Tower of Eternity, due for release in North America and Europe later this year.
- Aion Portal at Ten Ton Hammer
- Aion Gladiator Class Interview
- Aion Templar Class Interview
- Latest Aion Screenshots
- Aion GDC Video
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Aion Game Page.