Game Update #6 Patch Notes - The Old Timer's Edition
Isle of Dawn
The Isle of Dawn was separated from the continent
of Kojan during the cataclysm. A village of battle hardened humans and
a band of zealot hobgoblins have warred against each other for
centuries on the Isle. Their mutual hatred for one another runs deep
and even now they are locked in an ongoing struggle. Recently though,
increasing numbers of ulvari have begun to surface on the island - much
to the dismay of both the humans and the hobgoblins.
Weakened by their perpetual war, the humans aren't able to capably
defend themselves. Even now, their villages burn as they frantically
seek aid. The isle is in desperate need of heroes.
- The Isle of Dawn is now available for new characters!
- When creating a new character, you will now be presented
with two options for your starting location. The Isle of Dawn will be
one option, and the other option will be your selected Race's standard
- PVP, Exchange Brokers, Death experience and tombstones are
turned off on the Isle of Dawn.
- Player levels have been capped at 10 on the Isle.
Character Model Revamp
Player character models in Vanguard have undergone
a bit of a revamp. Not only have they been optimized for better
performance but they have been given a new, updated look. The revamped
models are now capable of looking much more heroic and contain a lot
more personality. Worry not though, for those players who don't
necessarily want the heroic look, no customization options have gone
away. In fact, we are reintroducing lots of facial customization as
We have looked at and modified each class's damage capability, ensuring
that each lands in their correct place in the spectrum of classes. We
have looked at many things, from raid wide damage capacity to the
tank's ability to control aggo, to the weak DPS of some healers and DPS
classes. This was a relatively comprehensive pass to ensure that with
GU6 raid targets are still killable. While the effects of these changes
will primarily be felt at the highest end of the game, we are making
sure that all levels of players are still functional. There has been
extensive testing of these changes on the test server for the past
several weeks and we'd like to thank all those players who have sent in
testing logs - your efforts are greatly appreciated! For a more
comprehensive list of class changes and updates, please read the list
In an effort to make the launch of the Isle of Dawn
go as smoothly as possible, the Vanguard development team set aside a
good portion of time this update to fix as many existing bugs as
possible. We are pleased to announce that well over a thousand fixes
are included with this patch. While many of them may not be immediately
noticeable, we've included a more detailed list of those that are below.
Vanguard Build 2152 Patch Notes 9/09/2008
- Players now have an additional four character slots.
- Admiral Chrykalis Primed bearing stance should now appear
in the buff
- Agent of Kronos should have proper body graphics now.
- Avlour Sheenj should have the proper body now.
- Azeeta Shaheen should no longer sell riftway shards.
- Azimet Mehurr should now correctly spell his name.
- All boss dropped recipes (outside of APW) should no longer
- Bog Python stuck issue has been resolved.
- Boiling Blood should no longer break stealth.
- Borinn Darkshank should no longer show a sword icon when
- Brock the Biomancer has finally settled on a gender.
- Celestine Ward riftway is now labelled as 30 - 40.
- Charbrook village should be labelled properly now.
- Dordug should path correctly now.
- Dreadbone Rider should no longer breath when dead.
- Eastpoint housing chunk should now be labeled properly as
- Eidolon of Time should have a proper body graphic now.
- Erthagon Drudge's name has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue with the display of College of Infineum
Research - Hall of Records.
- Fixed animation issue with the quest "Solid Stone".
- Fixed issue with Infineum mines where Yuni's Steps was
- Fixed issue with Jen Lo's display.
- Fixed issue with Kai Tak's display.
- Fixed issue with Miner Quartzbard's appearance.
- Fixed issue with stuck crows in Bordinar's Cleft.
- Fixed pathing issue with Rhantik Surelock.
- Fixed placement of Turim Bucks in Bordinar's Cleft.
- Gnome racial ability Miner's Wit has been fixed to properly
finesse and has been changed to Miner's Style.
- Gregan Blacque has had his dialogue updated and should now
- Guard Jellis should be spending less time under the world
- Guard Torran should have the proper mouseover now.
- Gwartak Clan Club should now have the proper icon.
- Half Elf crafting racial should now properly increase
- Harisotef Suikqo has had his name changed to Harisotef
- Karrusian Aegis' name should now display correctly above
- Karrusian Claw should now display his name correctly.
- Lin Jing the cleric instructor has finally arrived in House
- Martok Okami Handler should now have the correct mouseover.
- Mature velok pathing should be better.
- Milo Summerpeddle should be a little more talkative now.
- Miner Forgeroar, Miner Hammerpike, Miner Brokengem, Miner
Miner Darkvein should now all display properly.
- Mitachi Waterstone should now only have valid dialogue
- More creatures in the Seawatch Coast area are now able to
- Morig Ironbender should now sell weapons properly.
- Mutated Dragonfly should be doing less underwater flying.
- Freezing Touch: The description and the tooltip of the buff
- Orcs should start with the proper equipment now.
- Pachugy Coast now has all the normal player housing
- Particle display for the 3rd Talon griffon buff has been
- Priori Larihnos should no longer be a floating head.
- Priori Nykmaga should no longer be a floating head.
- Private Narssis should have the proper mouseover now.
- Raikil Windflower's hail text should read much better now.
- Razorbeak should now animate when attacking. He has also
lost some of
his feathers in the process.
- Reaper's Finesse should display the proper level now.
- Rhyzopor should have less replication problems.
- Ridge Prowlers in Bordinar's Cleft should no longer get
stuck in rocks.
- Rough Basilisk Claw should now have the proper icon.
- Sekamqa Haqiqat should no longer sit on an invisible chair.
- Shidreth trading company has been renamed to Shidreth
Mining Company as
it was always meant to be.
- Some higher level harvesting resources have been removed
- Sorion Arachnids should do less tree climbing now.
- Spirit of Entrapment should attack properly now.
- Spirit of Iggiri has found the rest of his body.
- Surveyor Bereth should now have a proper body.
- The effect "Blessing of Might" now has a description.
- Trainee Slatebeard should no longer pop into the ground.
- Tuatiren Hunters should now award faction.
- Vesmo should now have the proper mouseover icon.
- Watlun Uebatix should display correctly now.
- Weaver Jekaqie should now properly respond to questions
- Wood Elf bard starting sets have been fixed.
- Pets are now able to start combat with a special attack.
- Player summoning spells are now working outside of 30m.
- Fix for Recall to House: Camping out immediately no longer
refresh timer for the Ability Recall to House.
- The furniture item "Silkbloom Kojani Pillow" should now
- "The Good" title should now be a post title.
- A spelling error in the item "Vothdar Priest Shoulder
Satchel" has been
- A text error in one of To Re the Spiritseer's parleys has
- A text error in Shui Redwine's ambient dialogue has been
- A text error in the parley for "A New Wife for Omid" has
- A text error in the quest "Earth Den Investigation" has
- A typo in a parley for the quest "Reclaimer" has been fixed.
- A typo in one of the actions for the Granite Carving recipe
- A typo in one of the Soldier civic parleys on the Isle of
Dawn has been
- A typo in Shui Redwine's dialogue has been fixed.
- A typo in the "Outpost Work" quest has been fixed.
- A typo in the description for the item "Rented Merchant's
- A typo in the quest "History of Elani" has been fixed.
- Altered the range display on the descriptions of several
abilities to clarify the 40m max range of bard songs.
- Fixed a display issue that made it seem as though the first version
of this ability was vastly better than the rest of the line.
Mountain - This attack now deals 350% weapon damage.
Mountain - This attack now deals 300% weapon damage.
Mountain - This attack now deals 300% weapon damage.
Dance of the
Blades - Reduced the maximum damage bonus to 20%.
Leech - The effects of this symbiote will no longer be
stripped by the Monk's meditation ability.
Armor of Faith
- This ability, in addition to its previous effects, restores energy
every 6 seconds.
Vothdar, Favor of Vaelion - Reduced refresh time on these
to 5 minutes and they no longer incur global recovery.
Gift of Ardor
- Decreased the maximum damage bonus ofthis ability to 10% and lowered
its duration to 12 seconds. Range has been increased to 30m and it no
longer incurs global recovery.
- Lowered the refresh time to 10 seconds and increased the size of the
New Spell -
Intervention has been added to trainers at level 50. This
is a very large heal with an instant cast time and an 8 second refresh
time. It also has 100% diminishing returns for 6 seconds.
Touch of Woe
now has damage values in its tool tip.
- Increased the damage on all versions of style="font-weight: bold;">Touch of Woe.
now makes you immune to movement debuffs for its duration.
now has a 45 second refresh.
now costs 15 endurance.
Touch and Paralyzing
Sweep now change the appearance of those affected.
Sweep now adds a 100% chance on hit to stun your attacker
for 15 seconds or 1 hit. This effect lasts for 10 seconds.
- Increased the damage dealt by style="font-weight: bold;">Kiss of Torment.
now has a 3 second cast time.
now costs 3 Jin.
is no longer a spell, it is a ranged attack that requires shuriken.
- Removed the refresh timer on style="font-weight: bold;">Ra'Jin Flare.
Balance now lasts 10 minutes.
- Introduced new ability line at level 18 called style="font-weight: bold;">Meditate.
- Introduced new ability line at level 10 called
style="font-weight: bold;">Inner Light. Inner
Light contains components from all previous Harmonious Bonds.
- Removed the Gift
Gift of Vitae and Sage's
Endowment ability lines.
- Reworked Endowment
of Balance to have Jin regeneration instead of a damage
- Removed the Jin regeneration from the style="font-weight: bold;">Immortal Jade Dragon Form.
- Removed the spell mitigation portion of the
style="font-weight: bold;">Immortal Jade Dragon
- Added a new passive ability called
style="font-weight: bold;">Transcendence at
level 10. Transcendence grants 15% spell mitigation.
Mastery now lasts 10 minutes.
Dragon now has an added bonus. Whenever you are in this
stance Kiss of Heaven and Blessed Wind will have an instant healing
- Added a 6 second refresh to style="font-weight: bold;">Blessed Wind.
Kiss of Heaven
is now defensive targeted.
- The healing portion of Kiss
of Heaven has been upgraded in effectiveness.
Kiss of Heaven
now lasts 32 seconds.
Kiss of Heaven
is no longer a Harmonious Bond.
Kiss of Heaven
now costs 4 Jin.
now lasts for 2 minutes and has a refresh of 90 seconds.
now costs 5 Jin.
now increases healing on your target by 300.
now has a range of 25m.
and White Lotus Strike
are now caster group targeted.
now can be cast on multiple targets, is no longer a bond and lasts for
no longer incurs global recovery.
- Lowered refresh on Bane
down to 3 minutes.
- Lowered Hatred
Incarnate refresh to 10 minutes.
no longer lowers Dreadful Countenance.
- Duration lowered to 12 sec.
- Increased damage to 150% weapon damage.
- This ability is now called Iron Resolve. It
adds the damage as before, but also increases intelligence.
- A mitigation bonus has been added and the
hatred generated by all attacks is increased by 25%.
Form - Reduced the damage bonus of this form.
The new bonuses is 12%, 14%, 16%. Also reduced the mitigation penalty.
New penalties are -4%, -3%, -2%.
Form - Reduced the damage bonus of this form.
The new bonuses is 14%, 16%, 18%. Also reduced the mitigation penalty.
New penalties are -5%, -4%, -3%.
- The cost of this ability has been lowered to 4
jin and the duration has been increased to 3 attacks.
- Increased the refresh to 12 seconds.
Punch - This attack has been changed. It now
deals melee damage plus a large scaling amount. It costs 20 endurance
and it now incurs global recovery and has a 10 second refresh.
- This ability now deals 200% weapon damage plus
a scaling amount. It now costs 6 Jin to activate.
Ice/Fire - Proc rate has been reduced to 25%.
Life Draught -
Ability now heals player character when not in a group.
New Ability -
Bane of Heaven has been added to trainers at level 50.
This is an extremely powerful DoT that also increases the damage that
your abomination deals to the target. This spell is only usable on
targets level 53 and up.
Grasp of the
Grave - This spell now has a 2 sec cast time.
Infestation - This spell now has a 2 sec cast time.
Blade of Vol
Anari I - This attack will no do the correct amount of
Might - The strength buff portion of this ability will
once again stack with Maul of the Gods.
- Fixed a bug that caused the use of one rank of this
ability to not cause the remainder of the line to refresh. Now, using
any rank of this ability will cause the entire line to refresh.
Gloriann - Shield of Gloriann will now display a correct
Gloriann - This ability's description now details the
correct amount of armor increase.
- This ability now correctly affects Fiendish targets.
- This spell no longer deals damage to you and no longer increases in
power the more it is cast. Its base damage and cirtical hit chance has
been increased and at 6 second refresh has been added.
- Lowered the weapon damage on
style="font-weight: bold;">Blade of the Equinox
and Blade of the Solstice
- Cleared up some ability activation text issues.
- Fixed some inconsistencies with level requirement display
- Has been changed. This form is now called
Devious Foe. This form increases damage by 8%, dodge chance by 5% and
adds 10% refresh timer haste. In addition, while in this form your
Deadly and Vicious Strike will deal additional damage.
- Consuming Druid berries will no longer break your
- Now lasts 8 seconds and has a much lowered
Mark - This ability is now called Assassin's
Guile. It now grants your group up to 8% bonus damage and 5% critical
- Bonus damage from this ability now hasa maximum
cap of 15%.
- A 20 second refresh has been added to these
- Lowered endurance cost by 4.
Aegis of Life
- This heal now has a large instant portion in addition to the reactive
portion. Cast time has been lowered to 2 seconds and a 10 second
refresh has been added. Reactive heal portion has been increased to
1200 and lasts for 10 seconds or until 4800 health has been healed.
will now strip previous focus buffs.
- Lowered the cast time of all versions of
Barrage to 2 seconds.
- All warriors should now start with two weapons.
Determination - The description for this ability has been
altered to make it more clear that if you use the ability and then
change forms the ability will stop working.
- This ability will now protect against Palpenipe's Oblivion Shot
ability. This ability should now say that it is instant activate.
Barrier - Should now say that it is instant activate.
II - This ability now deals the correct amount of damage
and adds the correct amount of hate.
Bulwark - This ability will now animate correctly.
- The health condition has been removed from this ability allowing it
to be used at any time. It now lasts 18 seconds and has a maximum
damage bonus of 20%.
Anvils should now have a more appropriate icon.
Architect's Apron should no longer drop from blacksmith
Bordinar's Cleft miner's should be wielding the proper
Cliffstrider Troll should drop the proper tier harvestable
Crafted resource bags should now show up under harvesting
container on the exchange.
Carvings of Alacrity will no longer decrease spell haste
by 95%. They will instead increase spell haste by 5% as intended.
Healthy Necklaces of Countering have had their stats
adjusted so that they actually have Countering bonuses.
Items with the Blessing of Might buff will now correctly
give Wisdom when the proc is successful.
Items with the effect Blessing of Might have had more
information added to their Equipped Effect's description.
Items with the Gift of Might equipped effect have had the
description updated to the correct duration on the ability. It was
always 30 seconds, but the description said it only lasted for 20
seconds. Now these match at 30 seconds.
Kojani style Flawless Warding Robes should now display as
Robes rather than Tunics.
Dranin Silverbeard should properly display assembly
Fixed placement of assembly table in Bordinar's Cleft.
Orc crafting racial should properly give finesse now.
The blacksmith forge in the Tentree's Farmstead has
shifted position and should no longer be floating.
The chandelier work order item has had its icon updated.
The harvesting instructor on the Isle of Dawn should no
longer offer an invalid training option.
- Head Informants for the Lamplighters have arrived in New
Targonor, Ahgram, and Tawar Galan. They offer an array of rewards in
exchange for unequalled information.
- Diplomats at levels 10, 30, and 50 can pick Signature
Statements to further customize their decks. Visit your local Diplomacy
Instructor for more details.
- Diplomacy Instructors should now offer a selection of basic
statements for sale.
- Traders are now looking for diplomats who want to make some
extra coin! They need talented negotiators to move goods. See Renny in
New Targonor, Lura in Ahgram, or Nakiro in Tawar Galan for details.
- Basic starting Statements for diplomats have been updated.
Characters now start with a basic set of universal Statements as well
as one unique racial Statement and one unique class Statement.
- Collecting taxes is now more profitable.
- Presence requirement values have been lowered for most
parleys. This should help eliminate the problems with players getting
stuck on basic quest lines due to not having enough of the correct type
- Many NPCs available for Civic Diplomacy now have updated
decks. They have a Strategy progression identical to players, giving
them more cards to access in a parley. This change gives the NPCs more
variety in their parleys and will make them harder to predict.
- Civic Diplomacy parley experience has been increased.
- Topaz Blade will now correctly fit in to diplomacy
- Fixed an issue with a Var Guardian floating in the air.
- Gatrik Qoj is no longer a floating head.
- Hajir Thoun is no longer a floating head.
- Krovax Threxva is no longer a floating head.
- Oloq Foulqoth is no longer a floating head.
- Rezo Xylorn is no longer a floating head.
- Tharuz Draxen is no longer a floating head.
- Vazayen Zexthal is no longer a floating head.
- Fixed a grammar issue wtih Irri Al-Doleh's hail text.
- Fixed a grammatical error in Shakan Rebandars dialogue.
- Hushang Kordiyeh is no longer standing on top of his tent.
- Ju Mai is no longer just a floating head.
- Prophet of Vaelion will once again kill you if you fail his
- Kedjeh Devari is no longer a floating head.
- Many of the "living" population are no longer immune to
Soul Blight. Cast away happy necros!
- Fixed a pathing issue with a Pygmy Cave Bat.
- Removed a Gwartak Scavenger from inside a rock.
- Adjusted the pathing for Lieutenant Garrith Goldforge.
- Alakrus Dei is no longer a floating head.
- Fixed a typo in Recruiter Trevorak's dialogue.
- Fixed a typo in Scholar Donovan's title.
- Infineum Soul Shard's are now attackable.
- Fixed a typo in Smith Of'Barba's title.
- All 'Ksaravi Scorpiontamer' NPC's are now known as 'Ksaravi
- Subjugated Mekalian Citizens are no longer just floating
- A housing escrow merchant, banker, and Exchange Broker have
all been added to Conner's Retreat.
- Removed some Kranoxian Slammers from inside a rock.
- Zyfuurnal Priests are longer clipping into the ground while
- The Lesser Shrines - The ritual at the Shrine of the
Tempest will now reset properly if not completed in time.
- Removed a lion from inside a rock.
- Removed a Rockhide Runt from inside a rock.
- Fon Cogswin's dialogue should respond faster.
- Frostwing Claws will now 'fly' in the air instead of 'walk'.
- Jargar, Servant of Torkald is no longer a floating head.
- Planted a sign that was floating in the air.
- Removed a Mud Croaker from inside a rock.
- Anuub Karu is no longer a floating head.
- Fixed a few pathing issues with some Voracious Sandcrawlers.
- Priori Drathar is no longer a floating head.
- Hulking Abhorrent's Destroying Hit will no longer reduce AC
by 100% and will now reduce AC by 20% as intended.
- The crafting outpost now gives rest exp.
- Beggar Jaineen is no longer a floating head.
- Beggar Jorkaye is no longer a floating head.
- Beggar Karmala is no longer a floating head.
- Fixed an issue with Guard Tarra's hail text.
- Karibeth Mishra now responds to hails.
- Nora Sabiri is no longer a floating head.
- The 'Bank of Khal' sign has been re-placed properly.
- Verihn Stonecaller is no longer a floating head.
- The Reef Sharks are now swimming instead of crawling
halfway in the bottom floor of the ocean.
- A horse was missing it's tail and he grew a new one!
- Fixed a typo in Guardian Draenas' dialogue.
- Removed a Bilescale Cockatrice from inside a rock.
- Engath Varnan is no longer a floating head.
- The Haekemish Sentries no longer appear as floating heads.
- As'trida Kanoj is no longer standing on a fence.
- Basi Fulan is no longer a floating head.
- Basi Fulan's appearance has been fixed.
- Horsethief Raiders no longer appear as floating heads.
- Prince Hazzan is no longer a floating head.
- Quojor Wulner is no longer a floating head.
- Sara Kordin is no longer a floating head.
- Wulg Lakniv is no longer a floating head.
- Warseer Fezzik's questionaire is working again.
- Agent Odapep is no longer a floating head.
- Constable Janicht should no longer get stuck in the floor.
- Dijok Hokon is no longer a floating head.
- Fixed an issue where you could not target Apprentice
Xadalen using the mouse only.
- Fixed an error in a signpost that was pointing to New
Targonor. It now points to Silverlake as intended.
- Vulshar Soilpurge now has a pickaxe in her hands as
- Fay will no longer randomly appear as a pair of yellow eyes.
- Crafty Carla and the forge she stood by have been moved to
rear of a nearby tent.
- General Goods Vendor, Harney Goodman, will now offer to
repair your gear.
- Guard Taylor will now use her crossbow properly when she
- Mornir Singello no longer has a distorted figure.
- Valentina Ryan is no longer sitting on an invisible chair.
- Reeve Gromwell no longer paths the room he is in.
- Fixed an error in Spirit of Thorlin's dialogue tree.
- The Guardians of Pankor decided to stretch their wings and
- Fixed some pathing issues with a few Lesser Cartheon
- Fixed some typos in Constable Xyxell's dialogue.
When picking up an essence, it will no longer disappear if you cancel
- Belinii Neulstoz is no longer a floating head.
- Huldhar Shihebi is no longer standing on his tent.
- The scorpions at the bottom of the lake have evolved into
- Fixed a grammatical error in Guard Watts' hail text.
- Raldien Culmadier is no longer attackable.
- Removed a Rekk Excavator from within a rock.
- Dhelas is no longer running at the speed of sound.
of Trengal Keep
- Karujin Gulgrethor's event is working again.
- Several NPCs with bad pathing have been corrected.
of the Flame
- A Grasslands Bear was removed from within some rocks.
- Ashendreg Hunters now hold and use their bows properly.
- Fixed a grammatical error in Protector Gallad's hail text.
- Trenna Kashers has been rooted in place.
of the Ancients
- Fixed several pathing issues with Pyremaw Lioness'.
- One of the Xenn Chaotics should no longer be stuck.
- Imperial Scout Pin Sho will now use his crossbow as a
ranged weapon instead of a melee weapon.
- Ko Fan Bladesong's path has been slightly adjusted.
- Orimaki Kaniu is no longer a floating head.
- Several of the Lao'Jin Warriors should not get stuck in
- Added a shaman trainer to Tanvu.
- Telqo Sanedidjeh is no longer a floating head.
- Ovadaco Modisu's face should no longer be distorted.
- Fixed an issue with Sailor Janeth's pathing.
- Kobo Ironclub is no longer floating in the air.
- Warden Allegran is no longer floating.
- Removed a Living Stoneflux from within a rock.
of Lord Tsang
- The bindstone has been restored and moved near Lotus Hold.
- Fixed a typo in Nayib Al'Kalee's dialogue.
- Guardians of the Muse (Kall'Raa, the Dark Muse) will no
longer continually spawn once Kall'Raa is dead.
- Fixed a typo in Volotin's Workshop and Foundry sign.
- Tahreen will no longer wander the camp.
- Fixed an issue with a Rockgazer pathing through rocks.
- Thane of Torsheim is no longer a floating head.
- A griffon chick was removed from inside some rocks.
- Geenback Spiders are now known as Greenback Spiders
- The dungeon Jade Depths has been rebalanced as a solo or
two person group dungeon. Drop rates on rare items have been increased.
Some items have received extra attention.
- The dungeon Achlatan Spider Caves has been rebalanced for
groups of four to five. Drop rates on rare items have been increased.
Some items have received extra attention.
- The difficulty of bosses in the Achlatan Spider Caves has
been increased. Groups of four should have a reasonable challenge.
- The Cleric and Druid trainers are now easier to locate.
- The Telon Global Exchange and a Thestran Banker are now
Bladestaff has had its stats adjusted.
Bow of the
Hero should now work correctly with ranged
is now properly labelled as a focus item.
Seeds should now be flagged as quest.
Perfection should have the proper stats now.
fistwraps should now have the proper icon.
Reinforced Weighted Piercing Shuriken should now
labeled as Crude - Reinforced Light Piercing Shuriken.
Sword has had its stats adjusted.
should now look like a sword.
should have the proper classes listed on it
Watch Insignia should no longer cancel the
Stance buff when equipped.
Mint now stacks up to 20 at a time.
Coalition should now correctly add damage to all
Greatmaul appropriately looks like a two-hander
Pauldrons of Ambition has been renamed to Fevered
Reinforcements of Ambition. The item has always been a Reinforcement.
Ancient Port now explains what it will do in the
now regenerates a proper amount of health and
Focal Sword has changed. The proc now triggers
for the next
Cap's description has been changed to reflect
Jeweled Warhammer now looks like a Warhammer
instead of a
Mara's Kiss will
now proc appropriately, granting group
within 25 meters the appropriate bonuses.
Blade of Rending will now have a red colored
Previously it was showing up as gray or white.
Numerous items that increased style="font-weight: bold;">Endurancehave had
If you find an item that does not require at least level 48 with
Endurance on the item, please report it.
Inhibition's activated ability now works at the
that is required to equip the item.
from Ancient Port Warehouse have been
"Kilts" to fit the look of the armor.
The attached effects on style="font-weight: bold;">Bulky Heart of Fire
Regeneration have had their names swapped. The effects
the same, but the names have been corrected to match the name of the
item that they are on.
Blade can now be equipped with the /wear
The Gnomish crystal "Prism
of Retaliation" will now buff
members as was originally intended.
Ancient Evil should once again proc at any
The proc will now also generate a message indicating how much life was
Cloaking Bracelet has had its cooldown added to
description. The cooldown on the item has been reduced from 25 minutes
to 20 minutes.
Right Wing has had its reuse timer lowered from 15
2 minutes. The item claimed to enable your next spell as instant cast,
but it never did. The description is updated to read that it lowers
your next spell's cast time by 30%.
Roseberries have had a refresh timer added to their
There was already a 60 second refresh, but now the description says so.
Darts should only have one description now.
Knuckle now has stats.
Mystic Robe should now have the proper icon.
The description for the item " style="font-weight: bold;">Zewg's Shield" is
The item "Ancient
Glory" should no longer be equippable as
The item "Blessed
Lumber" had a typo in its description
The item "Card
of the Skawlra" has had a typo fixed in its
The item "Channeler
Robe" now has the correct icon.
The item "Crossbow
of the Redcaps" now has a sell price.
The item "Fae
Dust Robe" now has the correct icon.
The item "Precision
Throwing Hammer" should now have its
The item "Robe
of Desert Suns" now has the correct icon.
The reuse timer has been set to 20 min.
Blade of Malice: The Lesser Rage of Ghalnn ability
fixed, as it never worked before. In addition, this effect has been
modified to only work on targets level 50 and below.
Greataxe of Hatred: The Lesser Rage of Ghalnn
been fixed, as it never worked before. In addition, this effect has
been modified to only work on targets level 50 and below.
- Abandoning the quest
will now take the quest materials away.
style="font-weight: bold;">Practice Thestran
Caravel Rudders will now stack up to 5 at a time.
style="font-weight: bold;">Heart of Clay: Fixed
grammatical error in the reward text.
style="font-weight: bold;">Ancient Weapons of Leth
Verael - The location for Thorian Glowban has been
style="font-weight: bold;">Assist the
Spiritragers -You must now complete Spiritblossom Harvest,
Training and The Broken fang Threat before this quest becomes available.
style="font-weight: bold;">By Night -
the source behind Tremean Farm for Grelrin Tremean will now work at
night as it was intended.
style="font-weight: bold;">Divide and
Conquer - Now offers Heirloom Blessed Mace as a reward.
style="font-weight: bold;">Faith in Jin - This
will be offered my Master Garu again if you accidently closed the
window before accepting.
style="font-weight: bold;">Fly the Friend Skies
- This quest was removed from certain creature
handlers in cities with
multiple races. Each city will now offer the quest from one creature
handler. If you belong to a city with multiple races, see the following
NPC for the quest: Ca'ial Brae, Moonlite,
Starwatcher - Halgarad, Ogrin Ghuu - Khal, Casemin Rafdul - Lomshir,
Xyrix Mangvir, Martok - Mardirk Hogdumfar, Tanvu - Xous Comir,
Svartr Rugtvedt will offer the quest properly again.
style="font-weight: bold;">Martok's Past - You
fill your mug of ale properly again.
style="font-weight: bold;">Missive: TASK: Jump the
- Knights of Kaon will now update the quest properly.
style="font-weight: bold;">Protecting Misthaven
Zihurr Legionnaires The kill requirement has been reduced to 20. Also,
the summary text now reminds you to return to Timon Mooren when done.
style="font-weight: bold;">Pulling Teeth - This
quest is now properly flagged as a group quest instead of solo.
style="font-weight: bold;">Put Farmer John to Rest
This quest now has potion rewards.
style="font-weight: bold;">Closing the Portal -
Fixed a typo in the summary.
style="font-weight: bold;">Relic of Courage -
drop for this quest has been converted over to the multi-loot system.
style="font-weight: bold;">Relic of Honor - The
for this quest has been converted over to the multi-loot system.
style="font-weight: bold;">Relic of Wisdom -
drop for this quest has been converted over to the multi-loot system.
style="font-weight: bold;">Return a Borrowed
Weapon - A location for Ryldrak Kiltlar has been added.
style="font-weight: bold;">Rising In Ranks -
Fighters are now required to complete style="font-weight: bold;">Moving On Up before
becomes available to them.
style="font-weight: bold;">Seeds of Power -
the word 'Come' to 'Came'.
style="font-weight: bold;"> Test of Will
- The event to test your will is working again.
style="font-weight: bold;">The Time Has Come -
Fixed the issue where if you abandoned Part 2 of the quest, you could
not re-accept it. Also, added a trigger to Bujeju Stylcra to resummon
the Khelium Firespine Hatchling so you do not have to abandon the quest
and re-accept it to get it back.
The quest "
style="font-weight: bold;">Bad Timing"
has had its parleys fixed.
The quest "
Diplomacy Tutorial: Levers" should now be working on Kev
The quest "
style="font-weight: bold;">Earth Den
Investigation" now has travel journal entries.
The quest "
Errand" now has a travel journal entry.
- The quest
Infestation" should tell you to return to the proper
The quest "
style="font-weight: bold;">Pig Part
Portents" should now work correctly.
The quest "
Hobgoblin Threat" now offers a travel journal entry for
The quest item "
Qalian Chain" should now fit into diplomacy containers.
- There have been
spelling fixes in "The
- Yoshin Stormvalley
should now correctly confirm you are giving him "two" wooden grips
instead of "three" for the quest "More
Items for Yoshin"
style="font-weight: bold;">Soup for
Veskal: The Main Ingredient - The frogs required
for this quest have had
their level increased.
style="font-weight: bold;">Dark Roots - Weapon
rewards for this quest have been upgraded to Rare quality. A Dread
Knight and Monk/Disciple weapon have been added.
Broker time limit on items added. Initial time will be 14
changeable by design.
All Markets combined into one.
Market cap increased to 50 items.
Markets will be reset on patch day or when code gets
Time left on a market item will be displayed in short time
the broker window.
Items that expire will still show up in your
item list saying
expired. You will have 7 days to relist the item. After that it will be
returned through game mail.
A number of options have been removed to help simplify and
the settings interface. The reason for the change was to remove the
clutter and to remove settings that were not totally functional or
where the settings could hurt the players performance. Most if not all
of these settings can still be manually modified in the VGClient.ini
but we strongly recommend not changing them.
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that players reset their settings
on the defaults option when they first login and then customize them
Added a new Character tab to the settings window that
character related settings.
Targets target will now always be on by default
Group target symbols will now always be on by default.
Hitting cancel will no longer cause your video device to
The audio distance slider will now save properly.
The setting for Clip Plane now shows in meters instead of
Added Offensive Target Windows options.
Fixed numerous incorrect or missing tooltips to
The patcher will now patch down pre-compiled shaders. The
no longer attempt to compile your shaders at start up.
Additional memory leak fixes at the DirectX level.
Fixed a significant memory leak from Alt+Tabbing
More general memory leak fixes.
The majority of objects will now fade in when they become
instead of popping in.
Chat bubbles: When a player switches from 1st person to
view, their last spoken chat bubble will no longer pop up and display
even if they said it minutes ago. Chat bubble timing will now start
when the bubble is created, rather than upon first render of the bubble.
Fixed an issue where the min. range on some abilities
negative numbers on the tooltip.
Fixed an issue where some NPC dialogs would have text in
should now properly show the players name.
Fixed an issue where the character sheet was showing the
for the primary harvesting skill.
Unique items can once again be removed from the bank.
Tutorial popups no longer popup in the middle of the
screen. They are
now displayed as a list of exclamation points.
Fixed an issue with the Pickpocket tooltip not displaying.
Ships will now properly despawn when you sail into a no
boat area. This
is mainly in the Skawlra Rock area.
The character sheet no longer has a place for your
The inventory slots have been centered in the UI window. You can still
drop items anywhere on the character sheet and have it auto-equip them.
Selling an item to a merchant that is for a quest will now
update the quest window.
The description for Harvesting Packs has been fixed to
show the correct
bag type and container size.
Fixed an issue at character select where if you deleted
all of your
characters, the first slot sometimes would have a phantom character in
Unique Items like the Body Bag created through
check to see if the player already has that item before finishing the
Having multiple stacks of an item will no longer prevent
that item from
being assembled or resulting in the wrong item being assembled.
Fixed an issue where players were able to get their flying
mount in an
Fixed an issue where players could fall to their deaths
when crossing a
Player torches now turn off when returning to character
Fixed an issue with the required level on ammo cases being
When using an ability that takes ammo, it will now always
come from the
container before looking in the range slot.
Fixed an issue where players would sink into the ground
when they die
on a mount.
Fixed an issue where a player would no longer levitate
after crossing a
Fixed an issue with the NPC Frazik not properly completing
Merchant prices are now displayed on all items without
going to a
Shadow Step: You can now open combat with this ability.
Fixed an exploit where you could AE unattackable NPCs.
Fixed an issue where casting Necropsy on an already looted
NPC resulted in a level 1 loot.
Ability hotkeys will now automatically be upgraded when
you train a
higher level version of the ability.
Fixed an issue where hotkeys would not always appear on
your main bar
when training a new ability (if there was room).
Fix for an issue where training a new ability would
sometimes replace a
hotkey that had already been deleted erroneously.
Raise the death penalty level to 11.
Added "This item cannot be deconstructed" to all items
that cannot be
There will no longer be a 3 sec delay before a
corpse with no
items becomes harvestable.
Fixed an issue where when harvesting in a group and
someone killed an
NPC, harvesting would end.
Players can now toggle "Anonymous" status by typing "/anon"
AFK status now properly resets when logging in and out.
Character customizations have been re-added.
All male characters now have the options of being bald.
Character models can no longer have their
textures set to
Added Head and Body buttons which changes the
when customizing a character.
Fixed an issue where customization settings were not
properly saving if
they were set to the far left.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Game Page.