Weekly Development Activities
June 12, 2006
Check out the latest updates to the "Weekly
The goal for this feature is to give solid expectations on what you can
expect to see in future updates.
These items are in QA and should be a part of the next update.
to see the Release Notes for the next Update.
These items are currently in development and are scheduled for the
Twilight Forge Module or later.
Please note: this is just the third
in the extremely lengthy list of fixes and changes that we are working
on for the Twilight Forge Module. This is just the beginning.
NEW - The latency meter will be
located in the main menu bar. Also, the latency meter will no longer
want to be on top of everything (tooltips, for example).
NEW - Apostrophes and spaces will once
again be allowed in player surnames and guild names.
NEW - The player biography panel will be
adjusted to allow for more punctuation and printable character types.
NEW - The alive/incapacitated/dead
state of members of your fellowship will update properly even when your
group members are far from you.
NEW - The tooltip for feats will display
how many times you have acquired the feat if you have acquired it more
NEW - The tooltip for "Sneak Attack"
will display how much extra damage you cause when performing a sneak
NEW - Correcting a text error with
the tooltip for Greater Bane items that improperly states that Greater
Bane is a +2 bonus instead of a +4 bonus.
- Alerts for "Missing Spell Component" will now list what the
missing component is.
- The "/help alias" description of the /alias command is being
updated to properly reflect /alias' capabilities.
- There is now an option to ignore all guild invites.
- Guild invites from squelched players will now be ignored.
- The correct error message will now be displayed if your guild
- If you die from constitution damage you will no longer have an
ability damage icon appear on your screen after you have resurrected.
- In order to explain the death penalty more clearly, the Death
Penalty tooltip will be changed to read "You are significantly below
the minimum amount of experience points required for your level. Your
maximum hit points and spell points have been reduced, and you suffer a
penalty to your attack rolls, saves, skills, and caster level."
NEW - When you hover over the icon
for items in your inventory, shops, chests, and reward UI, you will
receive the examination information in a tooltip. This is in addition
to the current method of examination (using the "z" key or the
magnifying glass on the focus orb).
NEW - The effect descriptions will
be displayed directly upon examination, you will no longer need to
hover over the effect names to get the descriptions from a tooltip.
NEW - We are fixing a display issue
where players who are wearing a +Con item or are under the effect of a
+Con spell during level advancement see an incorrect increase to hit
NEW - The "Play this Character"
button in character generation will be renamed to "Create this
Character" to more accurately describe what the button does.
NEW - We are adding a new emote into the
game! You will soon be able to /eat.
- You will now be able to log out while incapacitated.
- You will no longer be able to be both exhausted and fatigued;
exhaustion will remove and block fatigue.
- The upper limit of 40 on skills will be removed.
- We are changing the way "Over Time" spells and effects work.
The intervals will be closer together (i.e., 2 seconds instead of 6
seconds), but will do less damage/benefit during each interval. There
will be no change to the total amount of damage/benefit, this is purely
a change to how the damage/benefit is spread out over time. This change
also applies to the way lava does damage over time.
- Owing to their construct nature, Warforged will find that
they are able to hold their breath under water significantly longer
than they could before.
NEW - All enemy trip and knockdown
attacks (including Grease) will give the player a balance skill based
save attempt every 2 seconds for the duration of the knockdown.
NEW - Ranger's favored enemy bonus will
now apply a +2 to the bluff skill against favored enemies.
- All races will be able to cause damage when they attempt to
attack while sneaking with a shield.
- The display for your party member's HP/SP bars will refresh more
- We are fixing a display issue where the damage over time
component of Slicing Blow isn't displaying properly (please note: the
DOT is occurring properly, it just isn't displaying properly.).
NEW - We are fixing a display error
that sometimes causes the damage numbers over your target's head to be
incorrect when a sneak attack is performed while the precision attack
feat is active.
- Warforged with Improved Fortification will no longer be healed,
even if they have taken the "Healer's Friend" enhancement.
NEW - Any wand offered as a quest reward
will now be fully charged.
- We have fixed a display error in the description text for
mithril armor where the text stated that mithril armor was a medium
armor instead of a light armor. This was a text error only and will not
NEW - We are fixing a problem where the
Flame Arrow spell can fail based upon your spell resistance.
- We are fixing a problem where holy smite is not properly stunning
- Lightning bolt and flaming sphere would periodically hit targets
more than once. This issue will be fixed.
- The Divine power spell is being fixed to properly apply the
correct amount of temporary hit points to its target.
- We are fixing the Bard song "Inspire Greatness" and the spell
"Greater Heroism" so that their greatness effects will no longer
prematurely end when the bonus temporary hit points are used up.
- Melf's Acid Arrow is having its look and effects changed so that
it appears bigger and brighter.
- We are fixing an issue where if you've been hit by multiple
blindness spells, all of the spells would end as soon as the first
spell expired. Now your full sight won't be restored until the final
blindness effect has ended.
- The "doom" spell will now properly give you a -2 to your attack
rolls (as per D&D rules).
- Having the benefit "Improved Heightening" will no longer give a
discount to spells that are already maximum level.
- The poison spell will now show immunity effects if cast on an
- When you resist a spell due to an item of spell resistance, it
will now send feedback to the combat chat tab.
- The Guardian of the Seal of Shan-to-Kor will now be less likely
to walk on top of people (float) during combat.
- Xorian skeletons will no longer be immune to fire.
- Casting "Blind" on Velah the Dragon will have no effect.
NEW - When a wraith kills something that
is already undead, it will not spawn a new wraith.
NEW - Icestorm will have the proper
visual effects when cast by troglodytes, kobolds, and hobgoblins.
NEW - We are fixing a bug that is
incorrectly inflating trolls' vulnerability to poison. In conjunction
with this fix, we are also raising the strength and damage capabilities
of trolls and ogres on the "hard" and "elite" settings.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Game Page.