If youve frequented Marvel Heroes since its launch last month, youre probably familiar with the loot system as it relates to getting new hero character drops. The random chance to have a hero drop is one way that players can unlock new characters to play with in Gazillions action RPG, but the randomness of those drops are not working in a way that makes players, and in turn, Gazillion, happy.
Gazillion boss David Brevik has penned a new blog detailing a new way that players will soon be able to obtain their characters of choice without having to rely on the gaming gods for a random good luck drop. Heres a brief list of the new changes that will be coming to Marvel Heroes in a future update.
- Every enemy in the game will now have a chance to drop a new item called an Eternity Splinter.
- Players will be able to earn the exact hero they want using Eternity Splinters as currency.
- Enemies will have a much higher chance of dropping an individual Eternity Splinter than they did a hero token, making the process of collecting splinters (and therefore, heroes) much more consistent for players over time.
- For Example: If you spend an evening playing the game and collecting splinters, its very likely youll collect roughly the same amount of splinters the next evening.
- Eventually, by collecting splinters, every player can earn every hero for free.
Source: Marvel Heroes Blog
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Marvel Heroes Game Page.