The baseline concept of XP-based levels may have been nixed from the mix in Skyforge, but the Prestige system still provides some similar functionality. In particular, your Prestige rating helps determine what content you will have access to, and at what difficulty ratings you can attempt it. In a roundabout way, that also means that the Skyforge development team is still faced with one of the biggest looming questions following a major MMO release: what’s next for high end content?
To help address that question, the latest producer’s letter has been posted on the official Skyforge website. It outlines what players can anticipate in the next major patch, being billed as Version 0.65. It’s important to keep in mind that the game is still in open beta, not full release, so we’re still seeing the buildup to the full 1.0 launch version of the game.
In terms of areas addressed in the latest update, there is a fairly major list that touches on content aimed at social play, especially what Pantheon members have to look forward to. Pantheons are the answer to guilds in Skyforge, and are a pretty robust system when compared to what most MMOs tend to launch with. They even offer one of the most forgiving initial setups, giving you a full week to recruit additional members rather than forcing everyone to be grouped up and online at the same time as we’ve seen countless times.
Mind you, you won’t be able to have solo Pantheons in Skyforge unless you have multiple accounts to invite in. At the same time, they offer plenty of interesting content that make them far more desirable than any MMO that handles guilds as little more than a slightly fancier friends list.
What can players expect in the new update? Be sure to read through the full producer’s letter for the details, but the simple version of the list looks something like this:
- Distortions – 10 player arena-style dungeons featuring unique Epic weapons
- Invasions – Massive multi-stage events that are desirable for rewards and bonuses that won’t count towards weekly limits
- Anomalies – 5 player content that offers unique rewards and makes use of the Tactical Sense stat
- Raids – 10 player challenges that will be a method of increasing Tactical Sense
- Divine Form – Access to the Divine Atlas with a new quest line available at 35,000 Prestige and unlocks your Divine Form
- Aelient Improvements – You’ll be able to manage your Order through the Aelinet!
While there is no fixed deployment date for Version 0.65, players can expect full patch notes along with a live date to be released soon. We’ll be sure to keep everyone posted as more info becomes available!
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Skyforge Game Page.