For those of you who enjoy nerding out on overall status and financial health of the MMO industry, there are plenty of interesting insights to be gleaned from the latest quarterly financial results from Nexon. Financial results were revealed today for Nexon’s third quarter ending September 30, 2015, with revenues up 9% year-over-year to a total of 49.8 billion yen.
PC is still the leading platform for Nexon, up 10% year over year to 39.5 billion yen, while mobile continues to grow with revenues of 10.3 billion yen, up 7% year-over-year.
What does all of this mean for PC MMO gamers in North America? Some interesting insights can be gained here as well, based on the breakdown of Nexon’s third quarter financial results.
Some of the more interesting nuggets of information include:
- North America accounts for 4% of Nexon’s Q3 2015 revenue, with China and Korea leading the pack at 41% and 40% respectively
- PC is still the dominant platform in Nexon’s portfolio, providing 79% of Q3 2015 revenue compared to the 21% contribution from Mobile
- Q3 revenue is down slightly from Q2 in North America, likely based on the soft launch of Dirty Bomb in Q2 versus a relatively standard Q3 with no major new game launches
The financial report goes on to provide an overview the regional outlook for Q4 2015, with the biggest potential influencer listed for North America being the CBT for Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex – First Assault Online. Heading into 2016, Nexon also has a number of upcoming mobile titles that will no doubt resonate well with fans of their respective IPs. Mobile titles listed include Dungeon&Fighter mobile, Final Fantasy XI mobile, TERA mobile, and Titanfall mobile. The complete breakdown can be seen below:
Last, but certainly not least, all NCSOFT shares held by Nexon Group were disposed of on October 16.
- Number of shares: 3,306,897 shares (15.08% of outstanding shares)
- Disposal price: KRW 183,000 per share
- Total amount: KRW 603 billion or JPY 64 billion
For additional information, be sure to check out the Nexon Investor Presentation for Q3 2015.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Dirty Bomb Game Page.