Another patch has come and gone and while it wasn't the massive patch everyone is waiting for, it still has some goodies for everyone. Red Matter Capacitors are functional again (Yay!), adjustments to crew deaths have been made (poor little minions), and some general bugs have been fixed. On top of this, the Galaxy Map has received some needed love. Finally, the development team has tossed players a bone by adding more information to various tooltips.
The first major update (coming soon) can't happen quickly enough for players. In the meantime, enjoy the fixes received this week and let us know what you want to see bumped to the top of the "Fix-Me-Now" list!
- Very Rare and Omega items may now be equipped on your Bridge Officers. Note that these items do not display on costumes yet. Costume designs for this gear will be addressed in a future update.
- Impulse Engines with Full Enhancements now properly provided a bonus to Full Impulse speed.
- Fixed Red Matter Capacitor so that it is functional and can be equipped on the power bar. Multiples will not stack.
- Mk-X Deflectors now allow full use of all Deflector related powers.
- We removed the old driver warning on the 191-195 line of NVidia drivers that some players were receiving since newer drivers are not yet available for some configurations.
- Game Cursor rendering is no longer reliant on the GPU which should resolve issues with cursors disappearing on SLI configurations.
- Clarified tooltips for Torpedoes to show they disable and kill a target percent or an absolute amount of crew - whichever is less.
- Some larger enemy ships were not damaging player crew, and some smaller ships were damaging too many. This is now fixed.
- The Best Buy special promotion Tribble is now appropriately displayed as a Rare item.
- Added more localized text that was missing from the Tutorial and Character Creation.
- Fixed an issue where some players were unable to enter the Cernan system.
- Added the ability to use the Depart System (minimap button) from Sol System and Earth Space Dock.
- Addressed an issue where some Grenades were not displaying visual FX when thrown.
- Congratulations Lieutenant! Voice Over narration from Leonard Nimoy should now play more reliably when you level up in space.
- Added the missing audio for Tractor Beam Repel.
- Anti-Proton Dual Beams now use Anti-Proton stats and not Phaser stats.
- Revised the audio for science (medical) team.
- Updated the Galaxy map to make locations more accurate, fix typos, and add future game play locations.
- Addressed an issue where ranking up bridge officers would unexpectedly add additional ranks.
- Ensure that unique special items are being checked properly to prevent players from equipping multiple copies of unique items.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Star Trek Online Game Page.