December will be an interesting shift of content for the online saga of Star Wars. Star Wars Galaxies will fire its last blaster bolt on December 15th, but Sony Online Entertainment still has Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures waiting in the wings and its latest expansion will arrive on the first day of head start for BioWares Star Wars: the Old Republic. December 15th seems to be a really popular date for Star Wars.
The new free expansion for the free-to-play Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures titled Battle of Umbara will add a new large battlefield zone, dynamic zone events, a new mission instance featuring the Umbaran Airfield, which fans of the show may recognize and more.
Some of the other features include:
- Combat Abilities: Destroy enemy droids, using:
- Weapon Attack uses players' default attack and will utilize the weapons they are equipped with.
- Force Attack is much more powerful and requires the use of Force Points -- a force that can only be used when fully charged.
- Mission Instances: Players will be faced with thrilling missions, if they defeat a boss they will be granted a unique item reward.
- Zone Events: Players will be able to participate in zone events, working together and creating a dynamic environment!
- Synchronous Multiplayer: Over-world zones will allow players the ability to tackle the droid threat together, letting in multiple people simultaneously.
- Mounts: Available for purchase in the marketplace, players can move quickly through Umbara on an AT-RT, Tauntaun, Speeder Bike or more.
- Collections: Each Combat Zone has 5 unique collections -- by finding all the collection items in a set, players will obtain 1 piece of a unique zone-themed gear set (feet, body, hands, head or weapon).
- Destructible Objects: Players will be able to attack and destroy objects like crates, ship debris, or barricades found throughout the zone.
- Rewards: Players that complete all available content in the combat area, will be given titles, achievements/trophies, or furniture rewards when successfully completing events and story instances.
Check out the new combat zone video preview after the break and visit the Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures website to start playing for free.
Source: SOE Press Release
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Game Page.