Console gamers tend to love feedback, forced or otherwise. Long before achievement systems were a staple in MMOs, they became a metric by which console gamers could wage war on a cosmic scale, oftentimes tipping entire galaxies off balance and sometime even impressing their friends with their mad points-earning skills.
World of Tanks console players can celebrate a new kind of feedback with the latest update, dubbed “Marks of Excellence”. The update really packs a wallop, adding new barrel art to the game that directly signifies a player’s performance during battle compared to all other World of Tanks console players.
This new art is reserved for vehicles Tier 5 and higher, and is based on the following factors:
- One mark awarded for averaging more damage and assist damage than the top 65% of players in a particular tank
- Two marks awarded for averaging more damage and assist damage than the top 85% of players in a particular tank
- Three marks awarded for averaging more damage and assist damage than the top 90% of players in a particular tank
We’re checking with Wargaming now, but it doesn’t appear that being an avid fan of the short lived Fear Factor show on NBC will net you any marks. We’ll keep you posted!
Pro Tip: If you're close enough to see the new barel art on an enemy tank, you're probably already dead.
In addition to the new barrel art, five new tanks are also being added to the game on console. The list includes three new tanks from Germany, and two from the U.S.S.R.
- Tier 3 medium Pz Kpfw. IV Ausf. A
- Tier 4 medium Pz Kpfw. IV Ausf. D
- Tier 5 Pz. IV updated to the Pz. IV Ausf. H
- Tier 6 KV-85
- Tier 6 KV-1S updated to the Tier 5 KV-1S
But wait – there’s more!
Well, actually that should read there is more information on the latest update to World of Tanks on console patiently awaiting consumption by your eyeballs on the official website. Do be sure to check it out!
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our World of Tanks Game Page.