Loading.... September 1, 2005
Jeff "Ethec" Woleslagle coming at you once again, making John "Boomjack" Hoskin's absence more painful day-by-day! John sends his regards, on a whim he quit the hair-band he was touring with and joined a small, family-owned circus. The carney life builds empathy for MMOG game developers, John says, and the undernourished dogs, pig, and goat that make up the low-budget operation's menagerie are giving Boom great insight on interacting with "official forum" malingerers and PvP extremists.
The first 3-ring event at the Wastiphinokee, Wisconsin fairgrounds reportedly ended with an overturned clown car, a tent collapsing like a drunken halfling on stilts, and a ruckus akin to the opening sequence of the old "Benny Hill" show. Boomjack, you see, will go to any length to bring you quality weird news, so we're hoping to have a local reporter's take on the incident tomorrow.
On a serious note, my thoughts are with the victims of Hurricane Katrina. I simply can't fathom what folks around the US Gulf Coast are going through.
What's new and sort-of new around the Ten Ton Hammer communities:
MMOG Mailing List - See Left Menu For Details. No Purchase Necessary. Participation May Result in Denunciation by the People's Republic of China.
New MMOG Profile - Final Fantasy XI
- Learn what makes this moogle-happy MMOG different among its fantasy genre peers!
- "yours truly" battles with EQ2's most pressing issues.
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
- 17 Classes Too Many?
- Finchal takes an early look at how SoH will handle class roles.
Let John "Boomjack" Hoskin know how much you really
miss him by sending him a byline (email: [email protected]
) to this bit of Far-Eastern raunch: "Indian Eunuchs Association Angered by Imposters, Demands Police Check "Things" Out
And on to today's strange-but-true news. You can't make this stuff up...
- 10,000 Participate in World's Largest Tomato Fight: Tomatina
No, this isn't a new FFXI event. In other news, Ethec wonders how many people go hungry every day.
- Georgia Governor invokes State of Emergency to Prevent $6/Gallon Gas Price Gouging
Gougers, looters, and other scum hungry to make a profit on tragedy need a taste of Vin Diesel whoopass.
- Evidence Suggests Rap Artist Shot Himself in the Ass Following MTV Video Music Awards
In a strained effort to lighten things up a bit :)
- Beer-drunk Dutch Sailor in Half-Built Boat Rescued After Two Days in the English Channel
Ever wonder why it's not called the French Channel? In North America we have Telemundo, the Spanish channel.
- Cat Survives 15-Story Fall in Litterbox
Some might say: try for 30 stories, do without litterbox next time.