ArenaNet Reveals New Details for GW2: Last Stand at Southsun
Last week ArenaNet posted a teaser image for its next update to Guild Wars 2 with Last Stand at Southsun. The new content patch is scheduled for release just two weeks after the recently released The Secret of Southsun update and today ArenaNet opened up about whatÂs in store for players come May 28th.
Last Stand at Southsun will bring new improvements to World XP in WvW by allowing players to earn rewards for a larger number of activities such as destroying siege weapons, repairing walls, escorting caravans, and fighting in the Mists. This also comes with a greater variety of WvW rewards, WvW Achievements, and Infusions and Ascended Gear for WvW. If PvP isnÂt your thing thereÂs also the next chapter of the Living Story and exclusive Southsun items to collect.
Visit the Last Stand at Southsun page and check out the press release below for more.
Guild Wars 2Â® Last Stand at Southsun
Second May content update offers new monstrous threats, WvW features and rewards
SEATTLE Â May 20, 2013: Just 14 days after the arrival of The Secret of Southsun, NCSOFTÂ® and ArenaNet are thrilled to announce the second content update in the month of May, Last Stand at Southsun. In a continued effort to bring new content to its players unlike any other MMO on the market, ArenaNet is working around the clock to bring engaging and downright fun content to expert players and newbies alike.
In the newest extension of the Living Story, the culprit behind the recent wildlife attacks on Southsun Cove has been revealed as the Sylvari renegade, Canach. In a confused attempt to free the new settlers from The Consortium, Canach has turned the creatures of the island into tools of destruction. As part of the release, players can join Inspector Kiel of the Lionguard once again, this time to quell CanachÂs plot before the shores of Southsun Cove run red with blood. In addition to the continued Living Story, details of the content update include:
- New Improved World XP: ArenaNet has improved the award system for World XP in World vs. World, allowing players to gain rewards for a much wider range of activities in the Mists Â everything from destroying siege weapons, repairing walls, escort missions and more.
- Greater Variety and More Rewards in WvW: Earn World XP for playing the way you want with WvW daily achievements. Each time players gain a new World rank, theyÂll earn a bonus chest with WvW loot.
- New WvW Abilities and Matchup Changes: Choose to become even deadlier in The Mists with new abilities like Burning Oil Mastery or new ranks in Defense Against Guards. WvW matches allow players to face new opponents in new matchups and test their worldÂs skill against more foes.
- Custom PvP Arenas and Spectator Mode Beta: Based on feedback from beta players, ArenaNet has been able to fix bugs and further improve these new features. Now players can extend the time of their favorite custom arenas with added Custom Arena Time Tokens in the Gem Store.
- Introducing Infusions and Ascended Gear in WvW: ArenaNet has introduced the ability to purchase Ascended rings and amulets and to upgrade WvW abilities with six new Infusions that give playersÂ characters special WvW bonuses. Just speak to the new Laurel and Badge Merchants on each map.
- New Southsun Cove Rewards: Players can find their very own Mini Reef Rider Â a loyal floating friend available only until June 11. Dedicated defenders of the Southsun settlers can also earn rare new limited-edition rewards from creatures and chests in Southsun Cove, and by playing Crab Toss.
- Exclusive Southsun Items: Players who help keep the peace during the Secret of Southsun can earn two exclusive new back items, the floral Fervid Censer and the writhing Sclerite Karka Shell.
For more details on Last Stand at Southsun, visit [https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/].