EVE Online celebrates the second decade of space war, intrigue, drama, sabotage, conquest, spying, and an assortment of other activities that have made the game and its playerbase so notorious today with the launch of EVE: The Second Decade Collectors Edition. The limited edition box set offers players an assortment of EVE collectibles and in-game items to celebrate the second decade of CCPs flagship title.
EVE: The Second Decade Collectors Edition
Now Available Limited Edition Box Set Celebrates Ten Years of the EVE Universe
REYKJAVIK, ICELANDOctober 24, 2013CCP Games, the worlds leading independent developer of massively multiplayer games, today announced full availability for EVE: The Second Decade Collectors Edition, a limited-edition box set containing numerous unique items to commemorate ten years of EVE Online® and the continuing evolution of the EVE Universe to include DUST 514® and more to come.
The EVE universe has grown for over ten years in unimaginable ways thanks to the endless and unique passion of its players, said Hilmar Veigar Petursson, CEO of CCP. This collectors edition is not only a celebration of EVE Onlineshistory and a glimpse towards its future, but also a tribute to its players and the legendary stories and adventures that they have brought to the EVE Online experience. It is their universe after all!
Included in EVE: The Second Decade Collectors Edition is a series of unique items and collectibles, specially crafted for the EVE Online enthusiast and new player alike, that celebrate the games tenth anniversary, including:
- Rifter USB hub, a four-port USB hub modeled on the iconic EVE Online ship.
- Into the Second Decade, a 190-page, richly illustrated, hardcover book commemorating the first 10 years of the EVE Universe. Into the Second Decade details the initial release of EVE Online and chronicles its growth through the games 20 free expansions, the community events that helped define the experience, and the launch of DUST 514. Also included are anecdotes and thoughts from famous EVE players.
- The Danger Game board game, an English-language adaptation of the popular Icelandic board game. Created by a fledgling CCP in 1998, The Danger Game (Icelandic: Hættuspil) helped fund the initial development of the original EVE Online release.
- EVE Symphony CD, a live performance of the signature EVE soundtrack by the Icelandic Symphony Orchestra, recorded in Reykjavik during EVEFanfest 2013.
The box set also includes a CCP Mystery Code that grants owners exclusive benefits related to current and yet to be revealed CCP products and events. Currently announced benefits include:
- One PLEX, an in-game item for EVE Online which can be exchanged for a month of play time or sold on the EVE market for in-game currency
- Exclusive Phanca Cybernetic Arm for EVE Online characters coming November 19th with EVE Online: Rubicon
- Templar Mark II Prototype, a one-of-a-kind fighter ship for use in the upcoming virtual reality-based dogfighting game by CCP, EVE: Valkyrie
EVE: The Second Decade Collectors Edition also contains one-time-use codes for unique in-game items for both EVE Online and CCPs newest title, DUST 514, a free-to-play massively multiplayer online first-person shooter for the PlayStation®3, set in the same universe as EVE Online.EVE: The Second Decade Collectors Edition also contains one-time-use codes for unique in-game items for both EVE Online and CCPs newest title, DUST 514, a free-to-play massively multiplayer online first-person shooter for the PlayStation®3, set in the same universe as EVE Online.
The in-game items include:
- The Golden Pod, an exclusive skin for the iconic capsule (EVE Online).
- A Gnosis Blueprint, a five-run blueprint of the 10th anniversary Gnosis, the Society of Conscious Thought battlecruiser (EVE Online).
- The Time Capsule, a selection of over 25 collectible items based on classic EVE lore as well as memorable moments over the first decade (EVE Online).
- A new skin for the Amarr Magnate frigate (EVE Online).
- A selection of exclusive male and female clothing items and accessories to dress your pilot in style (EVE Online)
- Powerful Amarr weapons and a collection of Templar dropsuits for (DUST 514).
CCP recently released an unboxing video, showing the contents of EVE: The Second Decade Collectors Edition. It is available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u4Lh_HGfuk
EVE: The Second Decade Collectors Edition can be purchased now worldwide for $149.99/149.99 via the new EVE store at https://store.eve.com/eve-the-second-decade-collectors-edition, Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CIGV846, and Flashpoint in Germany: http://www.flashpoint.de/eve-online-10th-anniversary-edition/
About EVE Online®
Celebrating its tenth anniversary, EVE Online (PC/Mac) is a captivating science-fiction game in which hundreds of thousands of players compete for riches, power, glory and adventure in a single universe. EVE players build and command a wide variety of starships and traverse vast solar systems interconnected by a sophisticated player-driven economy, forging their own destinies in the meaningful context of other players vying to do the same. Learn more and play the free trial at www.eveonline.com.
About DUST 514®
The first of its kind, DUST 514 (PlayStation®3) is a free-to-play, premium, massively multiplayer first-person shooter directly connected to the acclaimed science-fiction game EVE Online (PC/Mac). In DUST 514, players assume the role of deadly mercenaries who fight dynamic ground wars to control planets in the EVE Universe of New Eden. Players are armed with limitless customization options including weapons, vehicles, armor, and enhanced weapons, armor and vehicles. In DUST 514 every action has real consequences that ripple across a persistent universe of countless players worldwide. For more information, visit DUST514.com.
CCP is the worlds leading independent developer of massively multiplayer games, and has been praised for its artistry, game design and unique player-driven, infinitely scalable storytelling narratives. CCP is the creator of the critically acclaimed science-fiction game EVE Online (PC/Mac), which is celebrating an unprecedented tenth consecutive year of subscriber growth. In addition to EVE Online, CCP also develops DUST 514 ®, a groundbreaking, free-to-play, massively multiplayer online first-person shooter for the PlayStation®3, and EVE: Valkyrie, a multiplayer spaceship dogfighting shooter, both set in the EVE Universe. CCP is also developing World of Darkness®, a modern gothic horror massively multiplayer online roleplaying game based on the classic tabletop roleplaying game Vampire: the Masquerade®. Founded and headquartered in Reykjavik, Iceland, in 1997, CCP is privately held, with additional offices in Atlanta, Newcastle, San Francisco, and Shanghai. For more information, visit www.ccpgames.com.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our EVE Online Game Page.