Over on Tumblr (what!?), Risk of Rain 2 developer, Hopoo Games, have released their second blog. In it, they discuss their thoughts on what has happened since the Early Access release, ranging from Major to Minor points. Overall, it's a lot of acknowledgements for bugs and tweaks/fixes that they're working on, including the need for a roadmap. Full scoop below.
- We want to get our content roadmap available to users as soon as possible - we will be working on that this week.
- Noting a LOT of people are dying very suddenly to blazing affixes and not enjoying it, and it will be tuned down. We do have concerns that the fire affix is artifically gating the difficulty and the game will be much easier once it’s been normalized, but we will have to address that as it comes.
- Noting people want a legitimate way to actively pursue lunar coins.
- Fighting Worm isn’t fun, even though it is one of our higher effort bosses.
- People have gotten far enough into the game that things just… stop spawning. For context, the game skips spawns that it deems is too easy for the number of “spawn credits” it has. If you’ve gotten to that point congrats, the game thinks Overloading Worms are a bit too easy for you. This will naturally be fixed once higher tier monsters and affixes are added to the game. For now… it means that you terrified the whole planet.
- Some players falling through the floor on level startup.
- Noting a large amount of players whose primary language isn’t English who we want to support with localized text.
- No one seems to notice Ice affix explosion on death.
- Some users are still getting really low performance, while some are not.
- Prismatic Trials leaderboard change seems to be positive!
- Noting a lot of concerns that characters will continually get nerfed in a PvE game.
- Engineer’s weird dependency on Bustling Fungus to be viable has always been a concern for once we add more items he will have a smaller percentage fungii in the pool. How will we make sure every item patch doesn’t make Engi worse?
- Noting the Mercenary sometimes launching Greater Wisps into space.
- MUL-T seems to have issues going up specific slopes with his lower speed.
- Noting players want the number of Stages Complete displayed on the HUD.
- Noting some Equipment are activating multiple times repeatedly over the network.
Stuff we are working on
- Content/Early Access roadmap.
- Improving the way we save data to further prevent save file corruption or the game not saving at all.
- Players falling through the floor on entering a new stage.
- Wake of Vultures taking half your health.
- Improve MUL-T equipment swapping logic.
- Changing burning calculation.
- Improve the other elites (Ice, Lightning) to be threatening as well.
- Improve Worm fight to be fun.
- Changing the way some languages handle specific characters and fonts to make sure they are consistent.
- Some inconsistent proc coefficients for certain survivor abilities (Artificer is very very low for no reason).
- Lots of bug fixes and quality of life improvements .
- Adding in some Community Suggestions we have gathered from tweets, emails, and the official Discord.
Please let us know if we missed anything - there is lots more going on behind the scenes but we wanted to make sure we get some of this information shared with the community. Again, thank you all so much for the amazing first week. We are so excited for the future of RoR 2 and what’s to come!
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Risk of Rain 2 Game Page.