Four new dungeons are coming to TERA next week with the Dungeon Assault update. Each of the four dungeons are designed for groups of various sizes with the 3-player Channelworks being the smallest followed by the 5-player Shattered Forest, the 7-player Kezzels Gorge, and what looks like a twisted nightmare of Through the Looking Glass with the 10-player Wonderholme dungeon.
As with any new dungeon, new loot also accompanies the update, which En Masse calls the strongest gear in TERA. Various pieces of gear can be obtained by running the dungeons, saving up specific currencies, or by using your crafting skills. There are even new set bonus items that grow in power with each additional piece worn. You can read all about them on the Dungeon Assault update page.
Sources: TERA Dungeon Assault Announcement, En Masse Press Release
TERA: Rising to Launch Dungeon Assault September 10
Latest Update to Introduce Four Deadly Dungeons, New Game Modes, Epic Bosses, and Elite Gear
En Masse Entertainment, a player-driven publisher focused on delivering fun and innovative online games, announced today it is adding four all-new dungeons with dynamic new game modes, epic bosses, and elite gear to its MMO, TERA: Rising. Scheduled to launch on September 10, 2013, the Dungeon Assault update is packed with new content, taking players from the mysterious Wonderholme castle to tower defense battles against beasts of legend. With these new challenges and adventures come some of the greatest rewards yet for TERA: Risings growing community of over 2 million players. Gear up with some of the strongest armor in the game by Leveling Up Conjunct, Visionmaker, and Bloodrave armor sets and defeat the mightiest foes for rare loot.
Get a sneak peek at the new dungeons with the following content overview:
- Type: 10-player co-op adventure
- Key features: Discover twisted new enemies, new bosses, and unique game mechanics in a castle of wonder.
- Description: A lethally whimsical castle that appeared from nowhere has drawn researchers from across the land. Unfortunately, the Bandersnatch, ruler of Wonderholme, has taken the head researcher hostage, and the Mysterium Council is offering a substantial reward for her rescue.
- Type: 3-player sewer mission
- Key features: Fight fiendish traps and monsters through the underground tunnels and uncover the hidden treasures of the Channelworks.
- Description: Deep beneath the Veritas District, a series of aqueducts maintained by automatons supply water to the western deserts of the world of TERA. The Channelworks has been invaded by violent monsters, and the automatons are powerless to stop it.
- Type: 7-player tower defense
- Key features: Race against the clock to stop the giant using an assortment of environmental traps.
- Description: Shipments passing through the forests of Frontera are falling afoul of a brutal giant with a taste for magical ore. As wagon after wagon disappears down the giants gullet, the caravan leader calls for help.
- Type: 5-player BAM beatdown
- Key features: Defeat BAMs on a series of wrecked, unstable ships; defeat Barbosa and his crew to recover the cargo and claim rare drops and Zenith treasure chests.
- Description: The federation's latest noctenium shipment has run aground off the Jagged Coast, and the rescue partys last report mentioned BAM sightings aboard the derelict ships.
The recipient of multiple industry accolades, including Best PC Game at E3 and Best Combat at PAX, TERA gives players the best of both worlds: MMO depth delivered with the visceral gratification of an action game. In TERA: Rising, players actively aim, dodge, and block, as the games real-time combat system takes into account player skill and position as well as stats. Players join a united federation to save the world and can also participate in the games forward-thinking political system, through which they wield power based on their in-game political prowess or PvP combat skill. New players can enjoy standard status for free with no level cap or content restrictions. Previous purchasers retain permanent founder status with special privileges. Elite status is available for players who want to further customize their gameplay experience.
For more information on TERA: Rising or to start playing for free please visit tera.enmasse.com.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our TERA: Rising Game Page.