Welcome to the 667th Edition of Loading... Now with 2/3 of 1,000.
If you aren't reading this in your e-mail, you could be. Sign up.
Are you looking for the latest industry headlines? Look no further.
There is some crazy stuff on the Internet. From people dressed up as rodents to people auctioning themselves off for virtual currency. Thanks to Matt for introducing me to "Will it blend?"
Some of the most popular content on the network has been the "Re-reviews" by Karen Hertzberg. Unabashedly stealing my idea, she has been able to re-review three games before I have been able to write about one. Nevertheless, she is bridled by things like facts, conscience and humility which lend a certain credibility to her writings. I'll have none of that in mine. Guaranteed! Karen's high-brow musings are linked in the Hot Content section below if you feel the need to sate your appetite for things like grammar, information and oh yes, insight.
If you're not so much into facts then we've got a new comic.
Everyone, well, many of you have been wondering what Raph Koster and Areae Inc. are up to. Now we know.
"Our motto is: build anything, play everything, from anywhere. Until now, virtual worlds have all worked like the closed online services from before the internet took off. They had custom clients talking to custom servers, and users couldn't do much of anything to change their experience. We're out to change all of that.
Metaplace is a next-generation virtual worlds platform designed to work the way the Web does. Instead of giant custom clients and huge downloads, Metaplace lets you play the same game on any platform that reads our open client standard. We supply a suite of tools so you can make worlds, and we host servers for you so that anyone can connect and play. And the client could be anywhere on the Web.
We hope there will be millions of worlds made with Metaplace. It could get hard to find stuff if we're right, so the portal lets you easily search, rate, review, and tag worlds and games of all sorts. You also get a user profile so you can find each other."
There you have it. A developer couldn't have much higher aspirations than that. Good luck Raph!
Well, Loading... followers, what do you think? Can this really be done? Can virtual worlds be made as accessible as the web?
- EverQuest 2: Templar Achievement Ability Guide - Savanja
- Lord of the Rings Online: Epic Guide Book Two - Stacy "Martuk" Jones
- Lord of the Rings Online: The Yoho Pirate Guide - Stacy "Martuk" Jones
- Pirates of the Burning Sea: Screenshots - Cody "Micajah" Bye
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dev Diary and Screenshots - Cody "Micajah" Bye
- Tabula Rasa: Game Options Guide - Kertain
- RF Online: Screenshots - Cody "Micajah" Bye
- Vanguard: Monster Project - Renfear - Danny "Ralsu" Gourley
- Warhammer Online: Zone Overview - Ulthuan - Brock "Brokain" Ferguson
- Warhammer Online: Zone Overview - The Chaos Wastes - Brock "Brokain" Ferguson
- World of Warcraft: Re-review - Karen "Shayalyn" Hertzberg
- World of Warcraft: Hunter Pet Guide Update - Byron "Messiah" Mudry
- Warhammer Online: Mark Jacobs Interview
- Vanguard: Re-Review
- Ten Ton Hammer Gallery
- EverQuest 2: Re-Review
- Comics: Listing
- EVE Online: Avatars Video GDC 2007
- Leipzig 2007 Awards
- EVE Online: Ambulation Unveiled at PAX 2007
- World of Warcraft Overview
- Comics: Death Knight
Online Couple Cheated With Each Other [Thanks Mikes]
Made for TV movie rights now up for grabs.
$1 U.S = $1 Canadian
1 U.S. peso = 1 Canadian dollar.
Iran Could Strike Israel
Couldn't this be a headline every day?
Thanks as always for visiting TenTonHammer.com
- John "Boomjack" Hoskin and the Ten Ton Hammer Team