The Interceptor is the "assassin" of the Javelin suits, and is capable of moving at frightening speeds on the battlefield. With unrivalled melee potential, it can quickly dive in and out of any encounter while dealing massive damage. Although the Interceptor is fragile (similarly to the Storm Javelin), it mitigates a lot of the risk through its speed. With a passive ability that allows it to recharge its shielding quicker the faster it moves, it can - with skill - survive and evade for long periods of time.
Although the Interceptor lacks the AOE utility of Storm, or the hardiness of Colossus, its attack speed does ensure that it can needle opponents easily, while evading attacks. I'd argue that the Interceptor has the highest skill ceiling out of all the Javelins available, and in the wrong hands, can often be a liability.
Similarly to Storm, very fragile
|Exceptional in melee range||
Its need to be in melee range places it in constant danger
|Ridiculously agile, and super fun to play||
Undoubtedly set to be the most popular Javelin
Triple-dash is awesome
Target Beacon is fairly mandatory
An incredibly precise playstyle
Needs to constantly move to maximize its shield return
Storm Javelin Abilities
Double Bladed Daggers (Melee) - Allowing the Interceptor to quickly deliver a double-slash from its daggers, its melee ability can be chained continually and allows it - if uninterrupted - to deal high damage very quickly (especially to immobile targets). Interestingly, the Double Bladed Daggers attack has no cooldown, meaning that it's often a primary means of the Interceptor's damage.
Assassin's Blade (Ultimate) - Granting the Interceptor immunity to damage, Assassin's Blade lets the Interceptor quickly cut through enemies at rapid speed. While you'll need to be close to gain any value from it, the gaurenteed mitigation ensures you can play particularly aggressively.
- Seeker Glaive: Throws out a razor-sharp projectile that seeks out the nearest target.
- Acid Bomb: Tosses a grenade which explodes, splashing all nearby enemies with acid.
- Cryo Glaive: Launches out a projectile that locks on to a nearby target and freezes it on impact.
- Cluster Mine: Throws out a group of mines onto a targeted area which explode on contact with an enemy.
- Spark Dash: Dashes forward, leaving behind a trail of electricity that damages enemies.
- Star Strike: Charges an enemy with energy which explodes after a delay. The explosion deals increased damage if the target is destroyed before the full delay.
- Plasma Star: Tosses a plasma-empowered shuriken at a single target, effective at long range.
- Nova Strike: Sends out a projection of the Interceptor which will attack enemies it comes in contact with.
- Tempest Strike: A devastating single-target attack that can stun smaller enemies.
- Corrosive Spray: Sprays out a jet of corrosive acid that damages all enemies hit.
- Target Beacon: Marks a target for increased damage which will switch to another enemy if the marked target is destroyed.
- Rally Cry: Removes status effects from all nearby allies.
Interceptor Javelin Loadout
Hints and Tips
1. The Interceptor can tripple jump. Use your jump repeatedly to gain increased height, though be aware that the second and third jump are a capped distance.
2. When you've used your Ultimate ability, you'll leave behind after-images that will continue to deal damage.
3. The Interceptor can use a chain dash by holding down left control, while moving.
4. Similarly to the Ranger, the Interceptor can use a spinning barrel roll while airborne to avoid projectiles.
5. The faster you move, the quicker your shield will recharge.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Anthem Game Page.