The Storm is the "mage" of the Javelin suits, and is capable of surviving for considerable periods of time. Unlike its peers, the Storm excels at aerial combat and spends a great deal of its time in the air, bombarding foes from above. Success with Storm is largely determined by your ability to position well, but also master airborne combat.
With the ability to hover over the battlefield, the Storm Javelin remains vulnerable to targetted fire, and with minimal armor, its aerial prowess is both a help and a hindrance. With many of its abilities consisting of area of effect attacks, Storm is brilliant for softening up groups of enemies, while offering particularly high damage.
Unsurprisingly, much of this potency comes at a cost, and despite some tools to mitigate damage (such as Wind Wall), the Storm Javelin is undoubtedly a glass-cannon.
|Amazing AOE potential||
Very fragile if focused
|A fun, powerful playstyle with plenty of damage||
Requires a skilled pilot to maximize air time
|The go-to Javelin for quick clear||
Undoubtedly weaker than peers in confined spaces
Quickening Field is amazing for group fights
Its fragility will see you die regularly without practice or support
Incredible Ultimate ability
High skill ceiling
Hovering is an incredibly important part of the Storm Javelin's play, as it allows him to fly over the battlefield without risk of his exosuit overheating. Depending on how high you fly, you can then hover by pressing [C] at your desired height. Once there, you can move around the battlefield to freely aim your abilities, and shoot at enemies. Just be aware that your movement speed is slowing when hovering, and you can still be brought back down to earth. It's also important to note that while hovering, you can teleport by pressing the dodge button [Mouse 1]. This makes you particularly hard to pin down in the air.
Storm Javelin Abilities
Firey Strike (Melee) - Allowing the Storm Javelin to knock enemies back and shock those who get too close, Firey Strike is an instant melee attack that deals high damage. The knockback is invaluable for allowing Storm to reposition and get airborne once more, and is quick. Just be conscious that there's a slight delay on the animation recovery where you're vulnerable to further attack.
Elemental Storm (Ultimate) - An incredibly satisfying Ultimate ability, Elemental Storm deals massive elemental damage in a target location. From Frost, through to Lightning and Fire, the total blast can kill just about any enemy, so be sure to use it when there's plenty around.
- Lightning Strike: A targeted strike that deals lightning damage in an area.
- Ice Storm: Creates a field of ice that deals damage, rapidly building to a final explosion of frost.
Flame Burst: A quick explosion that deals fire damage at a target location. Flame Burst can be cast quickly, or it can be held to repeatedly exhaust all available charges. Flame Burst is amazing for clearing enemies quickly, but is neither a Primer or Detonator.
- Rime Blast: Fires out a flurry of ice projectiles that deal damage and freeze close-range targets.
- Living Flame: A burst of flame energy that seeks out and ignites targets.
Frost Shards: Shoots a stream of target-seeking ice shards. While they don't deal amazing damage, they're great for softening up a single target, and if you unload the full Focus Seal against an enemy,
- Fireball: A versatile fire ability that can be fired quickly in small shots or charged for a larger projectile that explodes.
- Ball Lightning: A discharge of electric energy that can be bounced off of walls to reach targets behind cover.
- Glacial Beam: Fires a beam of powerful ice energy in a targeted direction.
- Arc Burst: Unleashes a blast of lightning that will leap to nearby targets for heavy damage.
Wind Wall: Allowing the Storm to generate a defensive wall of wind that deflects incoming enemy projectiles, you get to choose where it's placed, and how close/far away from me. Just be conscious about the fact it cannot be used in the air, and needs to be placed on the ground somewhere. Best used to support your Ranger and Colossus against major ranged threat.
- Nexus: Creates a field which provides gear cooldown reduction to teammates who enter its radius.
Storm Javelin Loadout
Tips and Hints
1. Remember that the Storm has very poor defensive capabilities. Use its damage to pressure, but don't be afraid to retreat.
2. Next to the Colossus, the Storm is the second least agile exosuit.
3. The Storm has a single jump ability to provide increased air time, effectively allowing it to hover over the map. Hold space to increase the air time.
4. At full power, your Ultimate ability - Elemental Storm - makes you immune to damage. Unlike other Javelin, it's also a primer and detonator.
5. You can float as a Storm to slow your descent. Just tap space, or hold it to extend the float time.
6. You can jump further as the Storm by sprinting, before jumping.
7. Unlike other Javelin, the Storm can teleport instead of dashing.
8. The Storm's shield when active ensures he can't stumble when hit.
9. If you're hovering, your shield is increased, and receives reduced damage.
10. To hover, hit [C] when you're airborne at your desired height. To stop hovering, hit [C] again.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Anthem Game Page.