European publisher Iceberg Interactive reveals new packshot images and release date details for APB: Reloaded.
GamersFirst found its European distribution support for APB:Reloaded with Iceberg Interactive last month and today they have revealed new details and images for the games retail version. APB: Reloaded will remain free-to-play as originally announced but the retail version will offer fans a few perks for a little cash and will be available prior to the games official release in the UK, Benelux and Nordic Territories, which according to the official press release is now set for February10th (17th in Germany), 2012.
The Special Edition retail version is priced at 19.99 will include over 35 worth of in-game items that include a permanent in-game high-performance vehicle, a weapon and 30 days of premium account access, which comes with increased cash and reputation as well as a 20% discount on items from the in-game store.
Check out the new pack shot images and press release after the break. You can sign up to play in the APB: Reloaded open beta via the official website.
APB Reloaded (PC) European Retail Packshot revealed
Haarlem, The Netherlands 23 November 2011 Publisher Iceberg Interactive in conjunction with GamersFirst have revealed the European packshot of the Special Edition retail version of the upcoming blockbuster APB Reloaded. The highly anticipated MMO is set for retail release in the UK, Benelux and Nordic Territories on the 10th of February 2012 (and the 17th in Germany).
Download the packshot here:
APB Reloaded is a Free2Play massively multiplayer online third-person shooter game, taking place in the modern-day fictional city of San Paro. This open-world environment challenges players to find their way through a city in a state of near anarchy. Players can take up the role of either a Criminal or Enforcer to commit or stop petty crimes and gain notoriety within their own organizations in order to control the city. Be it on foot or from the driver's seat, APB Reloaded melds player-on-player combat within the immersive city teetering on the edge of total chaos. Powered by Epics Unreal 3 engine, APB Reloaded features a robust set of customization tools second to none, providing gamers the ability to create the exact look of their in-game avatar, personalized symbols, clothing, vehicles and in-game music.
Special Boxed Edition contents
The boxed Special Edition retail version of APB Reloaded that will be released by Iceberg Interactive in Europe, will include more than 35 worth of in-game items, including a permanent in-game high-performance vehicle, a permanent in-game weapon and 30 days of premium access that provides increased cash rewards, reputation gains and a 20 percent in-store discount.
Key Game Features
- Fun and engaging online action in a highly detailed interactive city
- Revolutionary customization system players create their own avatars, music and vehicles, and can modify them extensively
- Unique game play mechanics with each action district supporting two rival factions, 100 players in 25 teams, 250 cars and 1,000 NPCs
- Each game world handles 10,000 players
APB Online Facts
APB Reloaded is currently in open beta and has already attracted more than 700,000 online players in less than three months of testing and nearly 300,000 Likes on Facebook. To get up-to-date information on GamersFirst and APB Reloadeds Community and Fan Pages, check out the following links:
Development Blog http://apbreloaded.blogspot.com
Website http://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/ ;
Twitter @APB_Reloaded @GamersFirst
Iceberg page - www.iceberg-interactive.com
What the Media are Saying about APB Reloaded
- If you can only play one free to play shooter this year, this is the one. - MMOBOMB April 2011.
- I thoroughly encourage you to give APB Reloaded a shot and see for yourself why its been nominated for one of Ten Ton Hammers Best of E3 2011 awards. -Reuben Sardu Waters- Ten Ton Hammer June 2011.
- If you like Grand Theft Auto and you like shooting virtual people online, theres really no reason not to give APB: Reloaded a spin Adam Rosenberg - Digital Trends May 2011.
- GamersFirst is doing some fantastic work the core mechanics of [APB Reloaded], which means They'll only bring APB back, but they'll bring it back a much better game than before! Nic van 't Schip, OnRPG.com March 2011.
- Over this past weekend I sunk about 7 hours into [APB Reloaded] and I couldnt get enough Steve Lichtsinn Multiplaying.net June 2011.
- Many MMO games were on display that didn't serve up the staple Orc vs Goblin type fair, and APB Reloaded was definitely the strongest of the bunch. MMGN- Best MMO of E3, June 2011.
- In reality, stealing a car is wrong but in APB [Reloaded] it feels so right. Adam Tingle MMORPG.com May 2011.
- All Points Bulletin: Reloaded is definitely worth a try. John Jacques- Gamerant.com June 2011
- ..this looks to be a glorious and fast-paced team action game. Chris Jarvis Gamespeople May 2011.
GamersFirst, headquartered in Irvine, California, is the leading Free2Play® MMO game publisher in the Western hemisphere. GamersFirst has offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. GamersFirst.com features the hit MMOG's Knight Online, Fallen Earth, Sword2 and War Rock and future hits including APB Reloaded, Hailan Rising, Victory: Age of Racing and Taikodom: Living Universe. Read more about the company and its games at http://www.gamersfirst.com.
GamersFirst is a subsidiary of K2 Network, one of the fastest growing companies in the fastest growing segment of the video game industry. Founded in 2001, K2 Network has established itself as a global leader in Free2Play online gaming, serving over 30 million gamers in 160 countries. The companys portal, GamersFirst.com, offers a range of multiplayer online games as well as rich community features.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive (www.iceberg-interactive.com) is an independent videogame publisher founded by an international group of games industry veterans, that recognises quality games and their audiences. With key offices in the UK, Germany and The Netherlands, Iceberg has both a firm footing in, and a firm eye on, the vibrant European games market. Iceberg is currently among the market leaders for the following PC game genres: simulators, adventure, strategy and MMO/action games.
Don't just play, play it cool!
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our APB: Reloaded Game Page.