Synopsis: Producer Hermann Peterscheck answers a host of audience questions while Codemasters Mike Rowland reveals new details about Jumpgate Evolution distribution in the seventeenth edition of Loading... Live. Even though JGE's release was delayed indefinitely, there's plenty of excitement and a well established community swirling around the game. After Machail and Ethec review this week in MMO news, the JGE team handles tough questions about the endgame, mining, crafting, smuggling, PvP, exploration and much more in this entertaining 46 minute podcast.
Please choose a format:
Audio file compatible with
iTunes-compatible format with higher quality audio, links, chapters, and images.
Stream from this page: (navigating away will interrupt playback)
- 0:22 Introductions
We introduce our team and special guest, then move straight to the news so we have plenty of time for questions.
- Loading... - Ten Ton Hammer's daily newsletter and column
News and Events
- 0:58 The Machail Report
- 1:01 - A Playboy MMO?
- 1:54 - WoWpod FTL
- 2:34 - Darkfall Hate Continues
- 3:19 - Dan Elgren Trades SGW for JGE
- 6:31 - City of Heroes Going Rogue expansion announced
In this week's Machail Report, we tie our record of five news stories in this week in MMO news, but win in overtime with the Playboy MMO bit.
- href="http://www.tentonhammer.com/news" target="_blank">Ten Ton Hammer Latest News href="http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/13411">
- A Playboy MMO?
- WoWpod FTL
- Dan Elgren Makes a Move
Paragon Announces City of Heroes Expansion
Featured Q&A Session
- 8:29 - Progress toward beta
- 10:06 - Non-combat activities, smuggling
- 11:50 - How PvP works
- 14:22 - Customizability of ships
- 17:28 - Keeping the economy healthy
- 19:43 - How mining works / finding nodes
- 21:10 - Crafting dynamic items
- 22:17 - Name restrictions
- 23:05 - Custom paint and logos
- 24:08 - Exploration & new sectors
- 25:39 - Consumables
- 26:34 - An Octavian emperor and a PvP scoreboard?
- 29:34 - Exploration & fog of war
- 31:02 - Endgame?
- 34:00 - Guilds
- 35:34 - Distribution, Collector's Edition, and Steam?
- 37:34 - Cross-race groups
- 39:02 - Peripheral support
- 41:44 - Conflux highlights
- 42:39 - More on beta
NetDevil's Hermann Peterscheck and Katie Postma join Codemasters' Mike Rowland to deliver the latest on Jumpgate Evolution, due for release... well, soon (TM).
- JGE Release Date Delay Announcement
- JGE Spaceship Options List
- Dolby Axon 3D Voice Tech Press Release
- Making of JGE Video
- Gazillion - New Publisher
- Required specs for Jumpgate Evolution
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Jumpgate Evolution Game Page.