A Space Marine is only as effective as his wargear and in Warhammer 40,000: Carnage there’s a lot to choose from. Each Space Marine has 6 equipment slots for active gear and 12 inventory slots for inactive gear.
Equipment Slots are: Accessory, Helm, Chest, Greaves, Melee Weapon, and Ranged Weapon.
After each mission you will earn a Supply Cache from which you can obtain new wargear. Supply Cache wargear is purchasable with Silver which you earn by completing levels. If you are short on silver, you can opt to spend Gold instead.
Once you buy wargear you equip it by dragging it over to your Space Marine.
All wargear can be upgraded. Select the item and you’ll see current and potential Power ratings. Upgrading the item costs Silver and some items can be upgraded many times.
Wargear comes in 5 rarities: White (Common), Green (Uncommon), Blue (Rare), Purple (Epic), Orange (Mastercraft). Keep finishing levels to unlock more supply caches to find higher rarity gear. The higher the rarity of gear, the more abilities and power that gear holds.
Each melee weapon archetype has it’s own charge attack. Hold the melee button in combat and release when at full charge for a devastating attack.
Melee Weapons Include: Combat Knife, Chainsword, Power Sword, Power Maul, Lightning Claw, Power Fist, and Thunder Hammer.
- Bolt Pistol: Single projectile, slow rate of fire but precise and powerful.
- Bolt Gun: Burst firing with moderate spread, but each projectile is significantly less powerful than with the Bolt Pistol.
- Storm Bolter: Burst Firing with huge spread. Spread gets wider and more erratic as the weapon gets hot. Weapon will seize up when it overheats and will be unable to fire until it cools down again. This weapon is best used in short, controlled bursts.
- Plasma Pistol: Two modes of firing, tap and charge. Tap to quickly shoot low powered projectiles. Hold and release when fully charged to fire a very powerful shot that can blast through multiple enemies.
- Combi-Plasma: Two modes of firing, tap to release a spread of bolt rounds or hold and release for a potent plasma shot.
Armour Visual Progression
Each armour piece has 3 levels of visual progression. For Tier 2 visuals you’ll need Green gear. Tier 3 is on Blue and better.
All wargear has various “Affixes” to change how it behaves. These include such attributes as: Bleed, Chance to Stun, Damage Bonus, Armour Bonus, Electric Damage, and more.
Experiment with all the various permutations of wargear to find what you like best and what works best for each level.
For additional reading, be sure to check out our Warhammer 40,000: Carnage Gameplay Essentials Guide.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Warhammer 40,000: Carnage Game Page.