If you were too busy yesterday to watch Blizzcon 2017 yesterday, here's the official press blurb alongside some key video reveals.
- Free-to-play—Starting November 14, players will get free access to the acclaimed Wings of Liberty campaign, ranked ladder play, and all Co-Op Commanders up to level five. View the press release here.
- Mira Han and Matt Horner—The newest Co-Op Commander is actually two commanders in one: command a devastating mixture of high-powered Dominion air units as Matt Horner and fast-moving ground units as Mira Han.
Heroes of the Storm
- Hanzo and Alexstraza—Two new heroes, Dragons of the Nexus, will bring new and dramatically different styles of play to Heroes of the Storm later this year.
- New changes, including Performance Based Matchmaking, Voice Chat, and the 2018 Gameplay Update, continue to refine the action and make Heroes even more fun and challenging than before.
- Panel Summary of what's new.
- Alexstrasza Hero page.
- Hanzo Hero page.
- Kobolds & Catacombs—The next expansion, coming in December, will bring players down into the dungeons beneath Azeroth—and equip them with 135 wondrous new cards, including nine new class-specific Legendary Weapons. Read the press releasehere.
- Dungeon Runs—Kobolds & Catacombs also brings with it a brand-new single-player game mode featuring challenging, high-stakes subterranean journeys inspired by the classic fantasy dungeon crawl. Dungeon Runs are free for all players; no pre-built decks are required for entry.
- Free Legendary Cards—To celebrate the new expansion, all players will receive a free legendary minion, Marin the Fox, on November 6, as well as a free random legendary weapon for logging in when Kobolds & Catacombs launches. Kobolds & Catacombs card packs will also be winnable in Arena mode or purchasable with in-game gold or real money.
- Recruit—When a card with the new Recruit keyword is played, a random minion from your deck is summoned to fight alongside the rest of your party!
- Pre-purchase—Starting today, eager treasure seekers can pre-purchase the new expansion card packs in a special 50-pack bundle for 49.99 USD on Battle.net and in Blizzard’s game shop, and receive the jewel-encrusted “For the Hoard!” card back for free. Starting November 6, this pre-purchase offer will also be available in-app for iOS and Android players for 49.99 USD, and will reflect local pricing in Canada for 69.99 CAD.
- Blizzard World—An amusement park celebrating the worlds of Diablo, StarCraft, and Warcraft serves as the location for this new map.
- Moira—A new hero, the life-draining geneticist named Moira, will soon be joining the fray.
- “Honor and Glory”—In the latest in the acclaimed series of animated shorts, viewers journey into Reinhardt’s past as he wrestles with whether or not to answer Winston’s call to join the newly reforming Overwatch. Watch the new short here.
World of Warcraft
- Battle for Azeroth—In the next expansion, the war between the Horde and the Alliance reignites as players embark on a journey to recruit new allies, race to claim the world’s mightiest resources, and fight on several fronts to determine which faction will lead Azeroth into its uncertain future. View the press release here.
- View the epic Battle for Azeroth intro cinematic here.
- World of Warcraft Classic—In addition to a new expansion, Blizzard also announced early plans to develop a gameplay experience that recaptures players’ first journeys into the original World of Warcraft.
- Shadow the Fox— A plushy version of the previously released in-game charity pet will be available for purchase starting later this month. Sales of the plush will benefit both American Red Cross Disaster Relief and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Disaster Relief Emergency Fund.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Heroes of the Storm Game Page.