I've had the good fortune of playing Pagan Online a handful of times, and I can only describe it as a mix between Diablo and Battlerite. Bright, colourful, full of gore, brilliant WSAD movement, and a limited action set that's fantastic to use. With the Early Access release there's a new trailer (below), as well as a fresh Steam page and the usual PR fluff. I have to say, though, that the game really is fantastic and from what I've played, looks set to be pretty bloody awesome.
Pagan Online follows in the footsteps of classic top-down dungeon crawlers while redefining the action RPG genre with session-based PVE action, MOBA-like characters, and challenging combat that is easy to pick up but difficult to master. The game features:
- Intense, session-based PVE gameplay across a variety of interactive environments and procedurally generated encounters.
- Eight unlockable characters with highly unique playstyles.
- Challenging combat and WASD controls that require precise tactics and skillful execution.
- An original fantasy setting inspired by pre-Christian Slavic mythology.
- A five-act single player campaign with three levels of difficulty for players of all skill levels.
- Varied game modes including daily and weekly events, monster hunts, assassinations, and more.
- Endless loot and crafting systems that let players customize their appearance and load-out for specific challenges.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Miscellaneous Game Page.