Siege of Orgrimmar LFR Part 4
As the whole Mists of Pandaria expansion cycle has been building towards a huge conflict between the Alliance and the Horde, the new raid in Patch 5.4 should come as no surprise to anyone. The newest raid is the Siege of Orgrimmar and is the last major raid content release for the Mists of Pandaria expansion.
This guide covers the fourth and final section of the Siege or Orgrimmar LFR and the three bosses you will encounter in it. The bosses found here are Siegecrafter Blackfuse, Paragons of the Klaxxi, and Garrosh Hellscream himself. This guide is meant for LFR players, as it covers the most critical elements of the LFR version of each encounter. The full versions of these fights are more complicated and demanding and while this guide will provide a basic understanding, to defeat these encounters in normal mode you will require more in depth knowledge than provided here.
Similarly, tanks are covered here briefly and it is possible to get through the LFR version with what is listed, but really if you are a tank you should do some more research and know the fights in more depth.
As an added bonus each boss also has a really short version of the essentials that can simply be pasted into raid chat to ensure that everyone knows the 25 words or less version of the fight.
Blackfuse is a master engineer that is blinded by greed as to Garrosh's plans for everyone other than the "True Horde". In this fight you will be faced with the many dangerous creations of the mad engineer Blackfuse.
Blackfuse has an armored suit from which he fights. It has several nasty abilities that you need to watch out for as you try to defeat him.
- He can launch Sawblades that hover near a random player dealing damage over time to that player and anyone nearby. They can only be removed by coming near an active electromagnet.
- Blackfuse can hit players with Electrostatic Charges which deal damage as well as applying both a buff and a debuff. The buff is a boost of 400% damage to anything with reactive armor (the shredders talked about later) and a debuff which is that you suffer 100% extra damage from any further electrostatic charges. This can stack up to 10 times.
- Whenever one of his creations is destroyed Blackfuse will gain 100% haste and cause 50% extra damage for 10 seconds.
- Blackfuse can also gain an Overcharge from the assembly machine if any creation makes it there with all three weapons intact. This will grant him a 90% reduction to damage taken for 20 seconds.
These are machines that Blackfuse will call into the fight every so often.
- They have reactive armor which reduces the damage they take by 90%.
- The shredders can fly up into the air and slam down doing huge AOE damage to anyone near them when they land, they will however then be stunned for 5 seconds during which time their reactive armor is offline and they suffer 200% damage.
- The shredders also have a periodic AOE called Overload which grants a stacking buff of 30% to their damage output as well as hitting everyone not on a conveyer belt in the room.
The assembly line is the key mechanic in the fight. Here Blackfuse will have various siege weapons brought in, in parts, to be assembled to fight the raid. Each time three weapons will be brought in to be built, the group can destroy only 1 weapon each time and then the other two become immune to damage. There are four possible weapons that spawn and the group will have to decide which to destroy each time.
Due to the distances that need to be covered from the boss to the conveyor belts in the room there are transport pipes that you can use to reach the conveyors quickly, however once you do you may not use them again for 1 minute.
Missile Turret - Uses drill-tipped missiles to cause AOE damage over an large area after firing them at a random player.
Laser Turret - The laser burns a path on the ground leaving a burning area that causes damage to anything on it which stacks over time. This is a great place to bring Automated Shredders as it will deal significant damage to them once stacked.
Electromagnet - Pulls players, sawblades, and shredders towards it dealing damage as it does so, until killed.
Crawler Mine - Once complete these mines jump off and run towards a random player. If they reach that players they deal significant damage to everyone in the raid. You are able to snare, root, stun, or slow them for up to 1 minute. If not dead by that time they will become immune and gain speed.
Siegecrafter Blackfuse Macro
/raid Avoid AOE, pull shredders through AOE to damage, listen to <player X> to call out weapon to kill.
Paragons of the Klaxxi
This second fight of the final wing is a massive fight that involves all nine of the Klaxxi Paragons. The fight will take a while to work through as you need to deal with three paragons at a time and once one is defeated the other two are healed to full health, all paragons gain a 10% damage boost, and a new third paragon is released. This repeats until you have defeated all nine.
There is some good news though, each time you defeat a paragon, a player can absorb one if its powers for the rest of the fight.
- Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver - This paragon can apply a stacking debuff that makes you suffer additional damage from Xaril the poisoned-Mind. He also has a Gouge and Mutilate ability against the tank, and a Reave that hits a random player and anyone nearby. Once defeated a DPS player can gain the Angel of Death ability allowing them to leap forward and cause AOE damage.
- Xaril the Poisoned Mind - Can debuff players to suffer additional damage from Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver, as well as injecting players with various poisons. These deal various different forms of damage ranging from AOE fire, split AOE frost, a slowing poison AOE and more. Once defeated a healer can gain the Apothecarial Knowledge ability which allows them to apply a poultice on their healing targets which on the next his heals them.
- Kax'tik the Manipulator - This paragon brings adds with him as well as being able to deal AOE sonic damage and Mesmerize players to walk towards his adds. Once defeated a DPS player can gain the ability to control one of his adds for 60 seconds.
- Korven the Prime - He can encase himself or any other paragon in Amber which if not destroyed in 10 seconds will heal that paragon to full health. He also has a Shield Bash and a Vicious Assault to his front arc. Once defeated a tank can gain the ability to encase themselves in amber becoming immune to damage for 5 seconds at a time.
- Iyyokuk the Lucid - Applies a calculation to all players assigning a number of 1-5 to each. Throughout the fight players of matching numbers will have beams of fire connect them dealing damage to everyone in between. He can also diminish players health by 34% instantly. Once defeated a healer can gain the ability to have their heals copied to anyone that shares the same race or class with their target.
- Ka'roz the Locust - This paragon Charges around the room at random targets and hurls amber down from the platforms above on random players creating void zones around the room. Once defeated a DPS player can gain the ability to leap up to the platforms around the room an throw down amber at the other paragons.
- Skeer the Bloodseeker - His attacks cause a stacking debuff that makes players take more damage from Rik'kai the Dissector. He also has a Cleave that spawns blood creatures that will move towards other paragons and heal them based on the health remaining in the blood. Once defeated a DPS player can gain the ability to attack causing blood pools to spawn that other players can gain healing from.
- Rik'kal the Dissector - His attacks cause a stacking debuff that makes players take more damage from Skeer the Bloodseeker. He can inject players with different parasites or can mutate players into a scorpion that the raid must drop to 20% health free them. Once defeated a DPS player can gain the ability to become an amber scorpion to DPS as.
- Hisek the Swarmkeeper - This paragon in a hunter style add that can shoot random players from range or stun them and create AOE damage zones around them. Once defeated a DPS player can gain the ability to hit a target from range and mark it for death, causing it to take 15% more damage for 10 seconds.
The trick with this fight is to ensure that you defeat one of the paragons that work in pairs as quickly as possible so that you are not forced to deal with damage increases more often than you have to. You also need to ensure that you pick the kills to gain the most benefit from the bonus powers as you can. For example killing Iyyokuk the Lucid to gain additional healing is always a priority as then you can have a raid healer become way more effective early on.
Paragons of the Klaxxi Macro
/raid <player name> is calling kill order and who gets buffs. Avoid AOE and pay attention to calls.
This is the boss everyone has been waiting for, Garrosh Hellscream himself. After all of the issues he has caused this expansion, everyone, even the Horde players are looking to get in on the action and forcibly replace him as the Warchief of the Horde. Being the last raid boss of an expansion though, do not expect him to be easy.
This fight is made up of three different phases, each progressively harder than the previous one. Also, when a new phase starts Garrosh will be completely healed, therefore you almost need to kill him several times to win the fight.
Phase 1 - The True Horde
In this first phase you will fight Garrosh and several of his Kor'kron members of the True Horde. This phase continues until you have lowered Garrosh to 10% health, at which point phase 2 will start.
- Garrosh himself has the ability to hurl a Desecrated Weapon at random players dealing damage to anyone within 15 yards and the weapon stays in place dealing AOE damage until killed. The radius is reduced as it loses health.
- Garrosh can also perform a Warsong which boosts the health and damage caused by his allies.
- Garrosh will also summon the following allies to aid him in the fight:
- Kor'kron Warbringer - These warriors join the battle from the sides of the room and the spawn rate increases throughout phase 1. Their main attack is a Hamstring which slows players by 50% for 10 seconds.
- Farseer Wolf Rider - These spawn less frequently than the warbringers. These are shaman that can cast Chain Lightning and Chain Heals throughout the phase. The main issue with them is a stacking buff that they gain when interrupted, which boosts their casting speed by 25% and stacks. This means you need to choose what you interrupt and when.
- Siege Engineer / Kor'kron Iron Star - The engineers spawn and if not killed within 15 seconds will activate an Iron Star. The stars will roll all the way across the room and deal damage to anyone in their path (other adds included!) until they reach the far wall and explode. The explosion does instant death type damage to anyone nearby and less damage the further away you are, so get as far away as possible.
Phase 2 - Power of Y'Shaarj
When this phase starts Garrosh will be healed to full health and gain access to several new powers from Y'Shaarj. Luckily he will no longer summon allies to help him. The phase will alternate with a sub-phase where you are pulled into the Realm of Y'Shaarj for 60 seconds at a time, these alternating parts of phase 2 last until you drop Garrosh to 10% health for a second time at which point phase 3 will start.
- Whirling Corruption is an AOE attack that his everyone in melee range. Once Garrosh has reached 25 energy it will become empowered and also launch corruption at random players inflicting heavy damage and spawning a Minion of Y'Shaarj. These minions must be tanked, but away from any corruption as it heals them and buffs them. In addition any minion killed will launch a new empowered corruption.
- Garrosh also gains the ability to afflict players with the Touch of Y'Shaarj. This will cause you to lose control of you character as it tries to spread the touch to others. The only way to remove it is to be dropped to 20% health. Once Garrosh reaches 50 energy he gains an empowered version of this that transforms affected players into a Sha that is immune to CC and therefore harder to deal with.
- Garrosh retains the ability to hurl a desecrated weapon, however once he reaches 75 energy it becomes empowered and the weapon becomes indestructible and regens health over time.
Phase 2 (sub-phase) - Realm of Y'Shaarj
In this sub-phase that lasts 60 seconds you will be pulled into the Realm of Y'Shaarj with Garrosh as he gathers power from Y'Shaarj. In this phase Garrosh is immune to damage until you defeat all of the sha minions protecting him.
Phase 3 - My World
This final phase starts when Garrosh is dropped to 10% health for the second time. Garrosh will absorb the rest of Y'shaarj's power and become fully healed and have full power and access to all of his powers.
He will have the empowered versions of all his abilities for the entire remainder of the fight. This will be a hectic and stressful phase of the fight, good luck!
Garrosh Hellscream Macro
/raid This fight has many phases and abilities, please read the guide at wow.TenTonHammer.com