Show Notes - Episode #3: In the year 2009... - January 13 style="font-weight: bold;">, 2009
Synopsis: Ten Ton Hammer's third episode of Loading... Live takes you inside the head of two of the Ten Ton Hammer main site's top writers, Cody "Micajah" Bye and Reuben "Sardu" Waters, as they evaluate 2008 in MMO gaming and look ahead to 2009. Did the MMO industry suffer enormous damage in 2008? Will any major MMO titles release in 2009? Tune in for Micajah's and Sardu's take!
Please choose a format:
Audio file compatible with
iTunes-compatible format with higher quality audio, links, and images.
Stream from this page: (navigating away will interrupt playback)
Jeff "Ethec" Woleslagle
Editor in Chief- Ten Ton Hammer Network
Ben "Machail" de la Durantaye
Managing Editor - Ten Ton Hammer Network
Executive Editor - Ten Ton Hammer Network
Reuben "Sardu" Waters
Ten Ton Hammer Forums and PR Specialist Extraordinaire
Join us next week on Voon in room: Ten Ton Events.
- 0:00 Introductions
- 0:44 Straight to business.
Ethec shows that he's absolutely cool with a sloppy intro, complete with ums, ahs, and dead air. But at least he remembered to start recording this week.
- Loading... - Ten Ton Hammer's daily newsletter and column
- 1:22 The Machail Report
- 2:00 MMOguls schmoguls
- 3:25 China "treats" gaming addiction
Ben reviews the weeks' news, including the MMOguls scheme that CME flatly denies its properties, including Stargate Worlds, are involved with, China's plans for gamers that exceed the maximum ration of gaming time, and
- href="http://www.tentonhammer.com/news">Ten Ton Hammer Latest News href="http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/13411">
- MMOguls schemery and the Loading that started it all.
- China's new non-material addictions re-education camp for the people.
- 5:16 The MMO Crash of 2008? Really?
- 10:40 Biggest 2009 Titles
- 12:44 Chronicles of Spellborn
- 14:38 A twitchy 2009?
- 16:49 WoW - No console for you.
- 18:49 Picking sides in the console war
- 22:47 Which studio will be top dog, well, after Blizzard?
- 25:57 Most outlandish predictions, ever.
- 30:42 Closing
Cody and Reuben look back at a MMO gaming's 2008, which probably got a bad rap. We go on to discuss the three titles we know that (for sure) will launch in 2009, how a console-focus will shape at least two of these titles, which studio will cement its place as the top MMO studio (after Blizzard, of course), and end with Cody's and Reuben's choice of their most outlandish prediction that they think will actually come true.
- The Ten Ton Hammer forums
- MMO Crash of 2008 blog
- Chronicles of Spellborn at Ten Ton Hammer
- Cody's 2009 in MMO gaming predictions
- Sardu's 2009 in MMO gaming predictions
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our The Chronicles of Spellborn Game Page.