The Gunslinger is the new sub-class for the Hunter, and is a sub-class with a natural affinity towards ranged combat. As a Gunslinger Hunter you'll be able to utilise Golden Gun, a powerful illuminated hand cannon that only allows for three shots, but deals tremendous damage to enemies.
As you'll note below, the Gunslinger Hunter can improve their Grenades which provide damage, or utility in the form of zoning enemies (Tripmine) or hounding them (Swarm Grenade). In addition, and as is standard with all Hunter sub-classes, their Jump can be dramatically improved to offer greater distances or a triple jump. Where the Gunslinger Hunters passive trees are concerned, Way of the Outlaw directly improves his damage potential while the yet-to-be-named second passive tree offers much greater sustain.
- Incendiary Grenade: An explosive grenade that catches enemies on fire, causing damage over time.
- Swarm Grenade: A grenade that detonates on impact, releasing multiple drones that seek out nearby enemies.
- Tripmine Grenade: An explosive grenade that sticks to surfaces and detonates when enemies pass through its lazer.
Class Ability Modifiers (Dodge)
- Gambler’s Dodge: Dodging near enemies generates Melee energy.
- Marksman Dodge: Automatically reload your equipped weapon while dodging.
- Jump a second time after leaving the ground
- Better Control: Upgrades Double Jump for better directional control.
- Triple Jump: Upgrades Double Jump with a third jump.
- High Jump: Upgrades Double Jump for even greater height.
- Golden Gun: Summon a flaming pistol that disintegrates enemies with Solar Light.
Passive Tree - Way of the Outlaw
- Chains of Woe: Precision kills increase reload speed for you and nearby allies.
- Bombs for Bullseyes: Precision hits generate grenade energy.
- Six-Shooter: Golden Gun can be fired up to six times, but has a shorter duration.
- Explosive Knife: Throw a knife at enemies that explodes shortly after impact when melee energy is full.
Passive Tree - Way of the Sharpshooter
- Knife-Juggler: Throw a knife at enemies when melee energy is full. A precision kill with this ability instantly recharges it.
- Gunslinger’s Trance: Enter a trance with each precision kill, reducing the cooldown of your Golden Gun.
- Crowd-pleaser: Precision hits with your Golden Gun generate Orbs of Light for your allies.
- Line ‘Em Up: Precision hits with Golden Gun increase its damage and extend its duration.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Destiny 2 Game Page.