Welcome to this ninth day of March, 2015. I’m John “Boomjack” Hoskin and this is Here Comes The Boom – EP #29.
It's Funday-Monday and by now most of you have lived through moving your clocks ahead, losing an hour of sleep and the most annoying thing of all, getting that loopy piece on the back of the clocks to hang on the nail on the wall again. Seriously, how can that be so hard?
PAX East 2015 Comes and Goes
There is always plenty of hype surrounding one of the many (I think there are 23 a year now) PAX events. PAX East, Prime, South, SouthEast, SouthPrime, PrimeSouth, PrimeEast, PrimeRib, TexMex, are all in the works.
PAX East was no different with regards to announcements, but for me most of the important stuff came from Blizzard. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of games, too many games, far too many games. My Steam Library is filled with games that I have installed (and sometimes not even installed) and not played. I'm a virtual collector of games that I don't play. I have a problem. I assume that many of you are like me, buying these games and then, well, playing something else. I'll get around to it, I tell myself, but then something even shinier comes along. As I said, I have a problem.
One thing rings true however, I have never purchased a Blizzard title and not played it. In fact, I even played the Diablo series a lot and by a lot I mean over 100 hours. That's the title that I don't really like. Imagine how much World of Warcraft, Starcraft and the like I have played. It's scary.
"I'll get around to it, I tell myself..."
Not all that glitters is Blizzard's and I'm disappointed that I didn't attend PAX this time as I didn't get to see my friends who make good things happen at Disruptor Beam. Star Trek Timelines looks like a winner.
"It's a collaboration between us and Star Trek fans."
But Blizzard... oh Blizzard... just when I think I'm out... you drag me back in.
- Two new Overwatch Characters and a new Map announced.
- Hearthstone Announces Blackrock Mountain.
- Heroes of the Dorm! - Win your tuition playing Heroes of the Storm.
- Heroes of the Storm Beta Invites for friends.
It's like Blizzard has some strange hold on me. With the exception of the Diablo series, which I appreciate, but do not enjoy, I dig just about everything else that they make. For me, the Blizzard announcements were the biggest news from PAX.
What announcement, Blizzard or otherwise made you giggle with glee?
Did you watch any of the PAX streams or *gasp* attend in person?
In honour of Funday Monday I give you.... Neil Patrick Harris yelling at kids.
If you received even an iota of enjoyment from this then please support both myself and TenTonHammer by doing one of more of the following:
- Read my previous columns
- HCTB 28: Rock Band Returns
- HCTB 27: Throwback Empires
- HCTB 26: Memories and Moments
- HCTB 25: Winners and Losers – Iron Tide
- HCTB 24: First World Gamer Problems
- HCTB 23: Strongbad is Back
- HCTB 22: Free Steam Keys
- HCTB 21: Destiny Bounty Guides
- HCTB 20: Destiny Video Farming Guides
- HCTB 19: Casino Cave Closed
- HCTB 18: Why Light Is Important in Destiny
- HCTB 17: Do You Like Green Engrams?
- HCTB 16: Destiny Is A Nursery Rhyme
- HCTB 15: Is This My Destiny?
- HCTB 14: Censored
- HCTB 13: Hype and Hope
- HCTB 12: Irritated by Ice Bucket Challenge
- HCTB 11: Censored
- HCTB 10: I Got Fireflied
- HCTB 9: Gaming Junkets, Do We Need Them?
- HCTB 8: Need For Speed or Gaming Gourmand
- HCTB 7: Every Breath You Take
- HCTB 6: Dear LPBs and Twitch
- HCTB 5: Comments
- HCTB 4: If MMO Fans Were World Cup Fans
- HCTB 3: Censored
- HCTB 2: Censored
- HCTB 1: EA vs Activision
- Follow me on Twitter (@BoomjackTTH)
- Whitelist us if you use adblocking software
- Comment below (even a “this sucks” will do)
Thanks again. I appreciate your support. Who’s awesome? You’re awesome!
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Heroes of the Storm Game Page.