Welcome to this 21st day of November, 2014. I’m John “Boomjack” Hoskin and this is Here Comes The Boom episode #35.
Short and sweet today!
Personal loot in Warlords of Draenor seemed like a great idea. I personally loved it! BUT…Blizzard has removed it and gone back to the “Need Before Greed” system or as I affectionately refer to it the “Everyone Needs Everything So They Can Sell It” system.
For those that have no idea what I’m talking about.
Rather than having players roll dice to see who wins loot dropped by a boss each player under the Personal Loot system had an independent chance to win an item. You didn’t compete directly against other players for loot. You also received something appropriate to your spec (or the spec that you had chosen via your portrait in the UI)
Here is what we have gone back to…
Case in point.
Boss dies, two items drop, Player A “ Needs” on both and then tells the group he doesn’t need them, but “26 gold is 26 gold man!”
My best guess is that players were gearing up too quickly under the Personal Loot system. If that is the case then why not just lower the chance to win an item?
Need before Greed does nothing more than cause frustration and anger in the community.
Seriously Blizzard, reconsider this change.
Which system do you prefer WoW players?
Now on to your regular schedule nonsense…
Vin Diesel Fact: Vin Diesel can put a broken pane of glass back together.
- Elite Dangerous in Serious Need of Social Tools
- Warlords of Draenor Guides
- Garrison Resource Farming Guide
Real World News
You can’t make this stuff up…
- From the Eagle-Has-Taken-Off-Dept – Eagle Plus GoPro
- From Droning-On-And-On-Dept. – Flying Mistletoe Drones
If you received even an iota of enjoyment from this then please support both myself and TenTonHammer by doing one of more of the following:
- Read my previous columns
- HCTB 34: What To Do In The Queue
- HCTB 33: Who’s Overwatching The Overwatchers
- HCTB 32: Lest We Forget
- HCTB 31: It’s Duty, Not Doody
- HCTB 30: 5 Things You Won’t See at BlizzCon
- HCTB 29: 36 Warlords of Draenor Facts
- HCTB 28: All About That Base
- HCTB 27: Sexually Suggestive Content Gets Twitched
- HCTB 26: Memories and Moments
- HCTB 25: Winners and Losers – Iron Tide
- HCTB 24: First World Gamer Problems
- HCTB 23: Strongbad is Back
- HCTB 22: Free Steam Keys
- HCTB 21: Destiny Bounty Guides
- HCTB 20: Destiny Video Farming Guides
- HCTB 19: Casino Cave Closed
- HCTB 18: Why Light Is Important in Destiny
- HCTB 17: Do You Like Green Engrams?
- HCTB 16: Destiny Is A Nursery Rhyme
- HCTB 15: Is This My Destiny?
- HCTB 14: Censored
- HCTB 13: Hype and Hope
- HCTB 12: Irritated by Ice Bucket Challenge
- HCTB 11: Censored
- HCTB 10: I Got Fireflied
- HCTB 9: Gaming Junkets, Do We Need Them?
- HCTB 8: Need For Speed or Gaming Gourmand
- HCTB 7: Every Breath You Take
- HCTB 6: Dear LPBs and Twitch
- HCTB 5: Comments
- HCTB 4: If MMO Fans Were World Cup Fans
- HCTB 3: Censored
- HCTB 2: Censored
- HCTB 1: EA vs Activision
- Follow me on Twitter (@BoomjackTTH)
- Whitelist us if you use adblocking software
- Comment below (even a “this sucks” will do)
Thanks again. I appreciate your support. Who’s awesome? You’re awesome!